Should I go to the dark side?

I want to dye my hair black, but I don't know if it's a good idea.. the thing is that I'm bored with my honey blond and want a change. Would it look too harsh on me? and most important.. if I don't like it, is it hard to go back to my original color? thanks so much!

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't go straight away black..

I'd go a dark brown first, then go to black :)

That way it'll be gradual change and your less likely to 'hate' it because you've got more time to understand what you'd look like even darker.

It's always good to have a change and personally, I find dying your hair always makes it feel glossy and shiny. Obviously, to some extent it would become ruined, but that's if you go overboard.

I bleach my hair every 6 weeks, my hair is still shiny and soft considering the amount of times it gets bleached.. but I'm changing mine now, to a darker blonde..

If people go around saying "no don't do this because blahblah" we'd never do nothing..

You wear makeup don't you? "Makeup ruins the skin" Oh well, we wear it anyway :)

Appearence does a lot to our confidence and self-esteeem, so do what makes you comfortable.

Although, I do like your natural hair colour :)

• Such a complete answer! thank you so much for taking the time! you're so right I'm definately going for it but I'm going to try something in between first :)

• Well you know it's such a drastic change to your appearence, it deserves a full complete answer. :) Good luck!!

What Guys Said 8

• My sister and 2 girlfriends are always going back and forth with it, and it doesn't seem to be a major hurdle for them either way. I also think you should try some intermediate colors, like a nice auburn, and then go darker if you wish, because I think from your pics that you have a pretty light complexion, and might look really pale in black. Now if the goal is to look like Morticia Adams... well, that's not a bad idea with your figure either!

• If you can get to be a shiny, soft brunette, go for it. Then reduce the eye makeup just a tad and then change your lip color to something that goes with brunette (whatever that is?).

I felt like being as specific as I could.

• wow... you're hot as f***. If that's you.

You could put on a clowns wig and it wouldn't matter.

• i'm not gonna lie, I got a weakness for girls with dark hair and blue eyes...if that's you, go for it. and drop me a line while you're at it.

• blonde all the way :)

• Try it for a bit and it will eventually go back if you don't like it, you might like it or your might not

• My little padawan, come to the dark side of the force. :)

• I think the black would be too strong for you why not try something lighter?

• You mean lighter than my current hair color?

• No lighter then the black.

What Girls Said 12

• If you're hair is really considered honey-blonde (by professional hairdressers I mean), you probably have a warm skintone. Black is a cool color and will not flatter you but make you look orange.

Go to a professional hairdresser and ask for her opinion. She'll be able to tell you whether your skin is warm- or cool-toned and help you find a color that will match. You may be able to get a dark brown that looks like black on you, but won't make you look strange.

For more info: link

You can also research this subject A LOT online.

• try temporary dyes the wash out within a month or a couple weeks

that way you can try it out and can always go lighter when your bored, its so hard to go blond from black you hair breaks and turns orange that first time.

you can also try fancifull washout colour you can buy at phrama or shoppers and you just rinse your hair with it and the next time you shower it washes out.

i love having blond hair, one day I can have red hair the next brunette or black

fancilful is awsome.

• i would go dark brown first and if you still want togo darker, go SOFT black because black black can look fake, and it would fade in around a month if you don't like it and it would fade faster if you go swimming a lot and stay in the sun most if the day. if you dye it at home use semiperminent, its the best for your hair.

• Start with a darker blonde and gradually get a little darker. You don't want to go that drastic all at once, and it might be too dark fro your skin tone.

• True! thanks for the advice :)

• No problem! I've actually thought about dying my hair black, too. But I'm way too pale, and I can never tan... I just burn!

• If I were you, I would stay blonde! your hair is beautiful! plus, dying your hair will dry it out and make it gross in the future. all natural is key!

• Aww thanks sweetie! if that's your picture I think your hair is beautiful too!

• My hair really hair color is light brown but I do get bored with it and I have dyed my hair black off and on again throughout the last years, Its currently black again. The only problem I've encountered if you do dye your hair black, don't wear a black shirt it kinda makes you look washed out, but I love it and it really brings out my brown eyes.

• It would look very nice, black hair gets static-y faster and its very hard to get out. It took me 5 boxes of maximum blonde and 4 boxes of almond ish color to get my natural back! So just think about the long haul :)

• Wow 9 boxes! damnn I need to think this through before I do it haha

• Ha, no kidding! If you still want to go somewhat to the dark side, maybe try a chocolate brown? That would really make your eyes pop : )

• what sucks about dying your hair black is you have to keep dying it black because the roots look so terrible

• Go for it! Black hair is sexy.

• I know right? you hair looks beautiful btw!

• Aww....thank you! You just made my day. :) Your hair is awesome too! love the length.

• I change my hair color constantly because I get bored. I went really light and was hesitant to go dark because dark colors are hard to remove. BUUUUUUUT I recently discovered there are products that allow you to wash out hair dyes (regardless of color) and it works.

I think one brand is called Color Oops. That's the brand I use to switch from dark to light colors.

• I think very few people can pull off black hair (unless it's their natural color of course). You'd look pretty with a dark brown though, maybe even something one or two shades lighter than black. If you do a semi permanent color it shouldn't be too much of a problem going back to blonde if you're unhappy with it. Good luck :)

• It's not harder to go from black to blond, just a few extra steps.

but you should go for it. black looks pretty good on all people