Is it OK if my boyfriend thinks I'm ugly?

If my boyfriend thinks I am ugly or unattractive,and tells me,is that normal and do guys normally do that?Any tips on how to be pretty?I wear powder foundation and mascara

Most Helpful Girl

• Well,it is his opinion,whether you like it or not he'll have an opinion of your appearance.If you asked,then you got your answer.Why expect sympathy when you asked?He was honest.

You didn't post a picture so no one can give you an honest answer for beauty tips:

-Wear clothing that accentuates your curves

-Cleanse and moisturize your skin 2x a day

-Exfoliate skin 1-2x a week

-Workout for 30-60 minutes a day,7 days a week

-Do strength training such as weight lifting or calisthenics 2-3x a week(non consecutive days)

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day

-Get 7-9 hours of sleep a night

-Aim for natural when it comes to make-up

What Guys Said 4

• then it sounds like he's only with you for the sake of having a girlfriend. I hate to break it to you but he won't be with you for long. Maintain your pride and end it now.

• Nope.

• That's pretty f*cked up, but at least he's honest?

• For your boyfriend telling you that your not attractive usually isn't a good thing and is not normal. I guess the only good thing is that he is being honest.

What Girls Said 5

• Sounds like your guy is a jerk! Sounds like he's either taking you for granted, using you or just waiting for someone he considers to be better then you to come along. If you are boyfriend and girlfriend its suppose to be a relationship to determine if two people are suppose to be together. If one thinks the other one is ugly enough they have to tell them in a mean spirited way then those two people probably should not be together.

• I think we all know including you that your boyfriend is a prick.

The tip I will give you is to dump his tactless ass.

• Oh, wow. I have never been in a relationship, but that doesn't sound good. I would want my boyfriend to see me as a beautiful person, inside and out.

I think its good that he's honest. But, it just doesn't seem right to me. You're starting to question your own beauty, and asking how to be pretty. In all honesty, I would hate to be in a relationship with a guy who can't fully appreciate me. That guy wouldn't deserve me.

I'm wondering if you felt beautiful before you met your boyfriend... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think its okay because that can really affect your self-esteem. If you hear something constantly, then you're going to start to believe it. I would hate for that to happen to you.

• ...i wouldn't want to be in a relationship where my boyfriend thought I was ugly or unattractive..lmaoo..but that guy has balls to tell you that too

• thats odd.. he sounds like an asshole even if I look like complete sh*t my boyfriend tells me I look good