What do guys really think about hair length?

I used to have hair that grew to about three inches below my waistline. I absolutely loved having long hair, but the time came for my two year hair cut and this time, the hairdresser gave me an amazing style that causes my typically straight hair to wave around my face. I love my new style and can't decide whether I want to grow it out again.

I've gotten so many compliments about my new haircut, but was a bit puzzled by one guy's comment that I should never have long hair again and another comment that I should grow it out because guys like long hair.

I'm just curious, do guys prefer long to short hair or do they just like whatever looks good, and if long hair, then why?

Thanks for all the answers:)

Most Helpful Guy

• every guy would say something different but for me honestly I would say as long as it fits your style and appearance then its good.

What Guys Said 5

• Personally, I like girls with long hair, but I have been attracted to and dated some girls with short hair. Really it depends on the girl, and if her she can pull off short hair. But I think any girl is safe with having long hair. Most of my friends prefer firls with long hair also. Hope this helped some.

Chris, 16yo

• Not all girls can pull off long hair. I have fine hair and it looks terrible long. it really p*sses me off haha

• As long as it gives a good grip during doggy-style, any length works for me.

• I love short hair.

I also love super short hair.

3 inches below waist line? That's pretty long. I don't think I know many if any girls with hair like that.

• Depends maybe your new look suits you better...

• I do prefer longer hair but only for the simple reason that I like to play with it. My girlfriend is amazed I can play with her hair for hours, Honestly though lots of women look very good with short hair. The only real reason I prefer long is because there's more of it, yeah I'm weird I know.

• You're not weird at all. I know a lot of guys like to play with long hair and that's why I asked the question. I wanted to know if guys prefer a girl to look average with long hair or to look better despite having short hair. Which is more important- hair length or the way she looks?

What Girls Said 2

• it's about YOU. Do what makes -you- feel good. The shorter style gives you confidence keep it. Who cares what 'guyS' like? the opinions are all going to be varied. Do what -you- like, keep yourself happy and the right guy who accepts you for how you are will naturally come along.

• All of the guys I've been with told me to grow it long O_o tho when I cut it really short they said I looked sexy. I think it depends on the person, whether they can work it out or not, confidence is sexy, and you can never go wrong with long hair. Short hair takes something to pull it off well.