Why do guys go for ugly gross fat girls over pretty girls with a nice body?

Ugh so I like this guy but he likes this other chick who is a LITTLE on the chunky side, has horrible teeth, greasy short hair...I really don't understand guys some times...And to make matters worse I think he hates me now cause of her ! Please help?!

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to ask that question ALL time. I see it everywhere & a super duper hot guy who all the girls wanted chose me but he later dropped me, a small waisted, great boobed, long haired,beautifully natural faced, fit great shaped, full pouty lipped(that he loved), and smooth & beautiful legged woman (not trying to be bragadocious, just proving a point) for a big nosed, small boobed, huge assed, fat chick! I was like "WHAT THE F...!" but that's not the way HE sees her! Most guys don't see women the way other women see them. Your a female so you judge her & the way she looks by hrr flaws first while men often look at what they like first, especially if her personality is great. So he probably just doesn't see her the way you do.

When I first started seeing my current boyfriend, people thought he was "alright" but I thought he was sexiest thing on planet earth Hahahah

The ugliest person in the world to you can be the most beautiful to someone else.

I think the best thing for you to do is show him it doesn't bother u. Maybe he'll like seeing a little maturity and respect. A mature confident lady is always attractive

What Guys Said 11

• Maybe this guy doesn't like your personality? Maybe he knows that you judge people based on their looks?

• It's simple: attitude. Take you for example. You strike me as being a shallow person on your own self-made pedestal. Now off that pedestal is a place called "Earth". That's where us normal ugly people live. And since we are more complicated than the dirt we walk on, this means our personalities are also complex. We desire looks, personality, and a number of other things. We don't mess with those on the pedestals because they are "holier than thou", at least in their own heads. In reality, they don't meet our needs. In fact, they defy them...annoy them, if you will. But I think you are at least a little bit more complicated than that, otherwise you wouldn't have provided me with a place to write out this big, weird answer.

Have a nice day.

• I love your answer "Now off that pedestal is a place called "Earth". That's where us normal ugly people live."

• He obviously likes her for the reasons that actually matter, which isn't looks.

• It's just proof that there's more important things in a woman than looking pretty.

• Maybe cause your shallow, don't understand love over looks, and you need to grow up.

• you're shallow

• Maybe because this girl is actually reliable relationship material?

Maybe your personality is sh*t, or you're shallow (obvious) or he figures you'll get bored quickly or otherwise use your looks as an excuse to avoid a real human relationship that he desires.

Move on.

• LOL?!?!? get over yourself!

• Maybe he doesn't even know you want to hook up. Swoop in and steal him away from that fat beotch. How hard can it be?

• Are you that shallow, and are you serious. First of all maybe the girl is a lot nicer than you and probably wouldn't have the nerve to call you a skinny bitch and would actuall be nice. Also it seems as if most guys wouldn't go for a girl like this, so good for the guy because maybe he sees something in her he didn't see in you, like a heart. Maybe work on being nicer and you'll get a great guy.

• You sound a little c*n*y. Don't be so bitter and shallow.

What Girls Said 22

• Hmmm. You know, I'm an "ugly fat gross girl" if you would like to put it that way. And really, I'm actually considered beautiful by some people. My "fat" is proportional. I want you to remember one thing: Beauty fades, but bitch is forever. You will eventually get old and wrinkly, we all do. But you will die alone because your personality is so rotten nobody wants to be around you. :) I may be a 'fatty', but I at least have some compassion for somebody. And I think being fat has helped me understand much about life. It's a hard road to go. I would love for you to spend one day in my shoes and tell me how it goes. Get called "ugly" and "disgusting" just because you got some extra weight on you. Then come home and tell me how it went. You'd be in tears just living one day in the life I live, and it's people like you that make the problems for people like us. Grow up. Show some compassion.

The fat girl is nicer, by the way. That's why she got him.

• A lot of times, extra pretty or perfect looking girls can be stuck up, crazy, and have too much drama. Try to work on yourself as a person instead of looking for approval based on your looks.

• Ouch, that's rude to say about someone. Everyone is beautiful. You're just shallow.

He might be into bigger girls... You don't know that. She probably has a lot of good stuff about her that he likes. And by the sounds of what you wrote it seems to me like you're really insecure about yourself, you get jealous very easily, and you're probably just a rude person in general!

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

• Ever heard of a personality?

Let me know when the rules comes along that a guy isn't allowed to like a girl who is 'pretty' or 'fat'.

You just might not be attractive in his eyes, ever thought of that one?

• The ugliest person in the world to you can be the most beautiful to someone else.

• Personality.

It's obvious you have a bad one:-)

• Boys like girls that they are comfortable with, that they share something in common with, and that make them feel respected. If you don't offer one of those things, regardless of your appearance, it's a no-go.

• Probably, because he really likes her, and for stuff that matter, not just looks... plus, I don't think, being with a jealous shallow, lowlife like you isn't much of a great relationship... Get off your horse girl...

• ...Because she has a better personality than you...

Sorry, just being honest.

• Umm...sounds like she's much nicer than you and he wants the whole package. Hate to tell you, but as you get older nobody really gives a sh*t about a couple extra pounds, but not too many people want to be around nasty jealous girls.

• maybe because he connected with her emotionally? I have crooked teeth and am a little chunky and never had trouble getting guys because I am super nice and have an awesome sense of humor...

• There could be too answers.

1. He wants a quick root (though this isn't the case with all guys!)

or

2. He just likes her personality better and doesn't care about looks (it happens..)

xoxo

• Because fat girls with depth of mind make better companions than skinny girls with shallow personalities.

• fat girls are more grateful. Don't give him the satisfaction. She is likely to humiliate herself to keep him and he knows it.

• He could really like her.

• EXACT situation! It's so annoying!

• lol, I bet you need to lose weight yourself. You are a great example of what people do when they want to make themselves feel better because YOU are fat, YOU are ugly, AND you are shallow. That, my friend, is disgusting. I hope you will never change so you will end up alone for the rest of your life or if you ever do get a relationship, it will be too superficial to be about anything more than him f#cking your worthless a$$.

xoxo!

• He probably likes her because she has a great personality AND she's nice. Just being skinny doesn't define a person.

I would consider myself to be "fat and gross" as you would call it. I know what you might think of me but I know a lot of people think I'm very nice and people do call me pretty. No, I don't think I'm hot or anything but I know as of right now, I'm a whole lot nicer than you. You call her "ugly"? Ugly isn't always about looks. Ugly is, most of the time, someone's personality.

So what I'm really trying to say is... get over your self.

• He hates you because you are a lowlife b*tch. No one wants to date you because he's just going to have to hear you rant and rave all day long. What guy wants that? I'm sure her weight has NOTHING to do with his liking her. All he wants is respect. and clearly you don't have any. He doesn't like you because you probably went all phsyco and texted him stupid stuff. you're under 18. If you're so hot now, trust me, you'll be hideous someday too. we all get old, wrinkly, and warty. get over it. get over yourself.

• bad question

• Um wow, maybe she has a great personality unlike you. B*tchy much?

• do you even know her? is she a bitch? because if she is..then I guess there is a reason to not like her,but if you don't then you shouldn't make fun of the way she looks. and I mean..they say that looks shouldn't matter,but honestly you got to be attracted to them somewhat..and.maybe he really likes her personality-which he could be attracted too.

or he could just be using her. you never really know. try to talk to him about how you feel.