Guys/Girls: Has your opinion on what you find attractive changed as you got older?

Answer how it is stated above and give detail if you'd like.

I used to find guys that were stick thin and wore eyeliner attractive. Don't ask. haha

Now I find masculine and more mature guys attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. I've always been attracted to "classical beauty" kinds of women.

• Classical so boring and there completely unatractive to me

What Guys Said 9

• Definitely. I used to be very into the 'troubled and chaotic' type of girls. In some ways I had a delusional sense of wanting to save them from their troubled lives.

After spending lots of time around people like that and discovering that a majority of the time they create their own chaos and their own drama I no longer follow that crowd. I'm attracted to girls that have their lives together, have goals for themselves (but aren't driven tot he point of madness) have an X-factor to them that makes them unique. They take care of their body and are fitness conscious etc.

I think its normal for people to change what they're attracted to over the years, not only that, I think it's important, as it shows signs of personal growth.

• My opinion hasn't changed, I seem to go for girls way out of my league, who have it all... beauty, brains, free spirited, funny... etc. Something abit ironic for you, I used to be one of those stick thin guys, now I'm muscular and work out several times a week. lol I don't know if I was ever immature though, or if I'm more or less immature now.

• At 18/20 I thought saggy breasts twere ugly. Now I know saggy breasts can be charming and exciting too.

• yea my choice has been changed.

I used to like intelligent girls when I was small...

now I don't like them...instead I would prefer logically average but cute and hot looking girl for me...

• Oh no he wants someone that's physically attractive and average intelligience and the girls are all over him to thumb him down. Get over yourselves women its his choice

• Yea......dont feel envious......all you "Intelligent" women!

• Yes I think so. When I was little I'd think pretty much any blond or brunette girl was attractive.

Then I got smarter and narrowed it to Blondes and Brunettes with personality.

Now I narrowed it even more to Brunettes with personality.

Now I'm down to brunette's who don't look like your average brunette but have some flare with personality lol

Don't mean to sound so specific lol

• I know what you mean, when I was younger 15-17 I was picky and only found really hott women attractive (models,actress types), but now I find myself saying "DAMN!, id hit that" when I'm watching Monique Rasputia and Queen Latifah movies.

• Dude I do that now! I hope its not reversed and I'm picky later =/

• i still want the same type of dream girl

• Yep preferences do change... certain things still are the same others not...

• I used to be all about the hot girl. Now I want a quality relationship with someone who I find physically attractive, but has a killer personality. Looks fade, love grows.

What Girls Said 13

• Oh definitely. In middle school, I could develop a crush on anyone just because of how they looked. I didn't even care about their personality, and I liked a few people that I'd never even talked to. But I remember having a lot of trouble my freshman and sophomore years finding guys I liked, because my standards had risen since middle school. Now I prefer guys that can hold an intelligent conversation with me, guys who care about me, and guys that will listen when I need them to. Looks don't really matter to me. If they're good looking, then that's a plus.

Haha I used to think guys who wore eyeliner were attractive, too. But now, not so much.

• Haha I'm the same way now. Good looks are always a plus but they arn't the most important thing.

• YES! I used be crazy about black guys now I don't even look twice at them my preference is white guys and I don't think it will ever change.

• Wow why is skin colour so important to you

• People can like different shades of skin color...and it is more then just that a like the attitude of a white guy and many other things over black guys you can knock me for that.

• definitely, I used to think the guys who were really hot and muscular were the only attractive guys, but now I've learned to appreciate the many different features that could make a guy attractive whether it be a strong face, bright eyes, or a nice smile rather than just muscles

• Yes, my opinion of dating has changed a lot since I started dating, and I've matured considerably. I used to think that all relationships had to be serious and ever lasting, now I'm more realistic about it and don't try and make everything perfect. Also, I now go for more masculine attractive guys. I'm starting to want a man instead of a guy or dude.

• It definately changes. As you go through life and start dating different types of guys you find out what you like and what you don't like. Whta you like in middle school or high school with change drastically as you go into college and grad school. You grow as a person and so does your interests.

Hope I helped! ;)

• I use to find guys who were muscular and jerks extremely hot (when I was like 18 and younger). Now, I like the nerdy/geeky type of guys. Totally into guys who are very intelligent. It turns me on to no end.

• The type of guy I'm attracted to hasn't changed really, instead it has broadened as I've gotten older. I used to only go for one type of guy, but as I've gotten older I still liked that kind of guy, however, I have started to be attracted to guys who are completely different as well.

• Hello,

I must be stuck in a time warp,I pretty much go for the same type of guy I always have---long hair,casual and a bit unkempt .

• When I was younger I liked "bad boys". As I am getting older, I am looking for men who are financially stable or getting there.

• i agree completely. things change as you get older, its normal

• i use to be into whoever had a pretty face regardless of anything else lol.

but now I'm into more intellectual guys

• I used to care A LOT about looks, but now I realize that looks are just looks, and if they have a sh*t personality than there about as attractive as a pen. (a very unattractive pen is next to me, hens my great analogy :P) but yeah :p

• when I was younger I always liked thugs, gangstas and dope boys

now I'm into light skinned pretty boys and mixed guys

• By light skinned do you mean light black or white

• Wow I'm wrong for having a preference? I'm black and I like black men didn't think it was such a big deal!