Do girls like guys with short or long hair? Which would suit me?

Hey I'm Chris and I am 16 years old. This is a question I have had my whole life. I grew up on the beach and still live there today. So I kinda of wanted long hair since the start. My dad raised me on Rock and Roll and that also influenced my long hair seeing how I grew up listening to Bon Jovi, Kiss, Guns and Roses, Led Zeppelin and all of those guys. I surf for Kane surfboards and I also skateboard for Globe Shoe Company as a flow sponsor. I don't know the long hair I've just always gone to. I play the drums in a Hard rock, and heavy metal band and my hair suits the category pretty well. I've always been kind of skinny and now I am 5' 7" As a sophomore, I've had less than pleasing results with girls this year, and I'm wondering wats the problem. I know my hair is something that hardly anyone is used to but all of my friends are used to it. I have been mistaken for a girl from behind before and also have had to deal with fights over being called gay for having it. I've stuck by my hair my whole life. I have dated girls and some are interested in me, but I guess the ones I'm into aren't into me. So I wonder is it my hair? My question is do girls (generally) like guys with long hair or short? And more specifically, which would you think suits me?

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds and helps me out. I appreciate it.

My hair is very straight, like with a straightener, but ihave never used one. I take good care of my hair, meaning shampoo and conditioner. my hair is thin too which shows grease fast so that's another reason I like to take care of it. Goes to my shoulder
Pic up on profile, of me at my moms place in Indiana for a few days in early spring. 15 in this pic, turning 17 soon

Most Helpful Girl

• There are ways to see what you'd look like with a different hair style before you take the plunge. Perhaps look into those style sites that give you the ability to alter your photo, or, just find photos of hairstyles you'd like to try cut out the faces and stick them on your head with a photo editing program.

It looks like you have nice hair, but ON you (altho you're freaking adorable and I wish I was your age again just to jump you) I think a shorter shaggy style might look better on you. Do you watch True Blood? Can't go wrong with Eric's style.

What Girls Said 34

• Keep your hair long love, it suits you. From your profile pic, you might need a trim though, I reckon hair to your chin will look good on you :) xx

• I think the long hair looks okay on you. It really depends on the guy whether he would look good with it or not. A guy I know had short hair as a kid, and it looked cute, but grew it out when he was a teenager, and it looked good, but then he cut it recently, and it looked better long when he was older. The case may or may not be the same for you. Just do what you want and don't let anyone influence you. Either way, it can be reversed, because hair grows back.

• It depends on how you take care of it (obviously you do a great job) because if you don't and its a tangled mess, its disgusting but if you do take good care of it then all the girls will be wanting to run their fingers through your hair Lol. Hair length depends on the person, like my brother has beautiful curly hair and it just doeesn't look right when its really short, so its better when its to his shoulders or so looks really nice. You in your picture, look like longer hair suites you well. If you like longer hair then keep it like that and try not to get it past your shoulders.

• I Think you should cut it shorter... I don't think guys that have long hair by their shoulders are attractive. I think you would look really good with it really short and spiked up in the front, or if you cute it to our chin it would look really good.

• awww your too adorable

haha I like yuur hair length in the photo

but then again yuu'd probably look really cute with your hair cut maybe midneck

try pulling it up to see if yuu like it shorter

but I don't know now I'm wavering

crap I can't choose long hair just seems like it fits yuu lol

:DDD

• I like medium length, until your neck :)

• Gosh, I hope I'm not too late. But all the advice given is a crock! You are a very attractive guy and your long hair is absolutely amazing, pleasepleaseplease do not cut it! And, as for the girls, you'll find somebody who will love it. Honestly, I generally only go for guys with longer hair. And when you put it up in a bun or pony, GAHH so sexy.

:)

• I agree with her. Long hair is so much better! And she is right about the bun or pony tail. When my husband does that I love it even though he doesn't ha ha

• Long hair is sexy as long as you take care of it and try and style it don't just hav super crazy long hair that is all over the place than you will look lik a cave man

• I like guys with short hair. They are just more handsome that way. Hope this helps

• chris you sound like a very down to earth person.

alot of girls are attracted to long hair .

i personally am.

i don't mind any type of hair long or short.

and guys call other guys iwth long hair because

its just a stereotype (a stupid one at that)

but if you like your hair the way it it then no need to change it at all (:

• Long and loooong =)

• Generally, I prefer long hair on guys. Just comes off as more attractive to me.

And judging by your picture, you pull off that length of hair better then any guy I know. I think you look fine with it. If you stuck by your hair your whole life, why give up on it now? It's your thing. But do whatever makes you comfortable.

• of course it's different with every girl! i, personally, like short hair on guys. however, there are a lot of guys that are still attractive with long hair and girls who like long haired guys. one day, you'll meet a girl who will absolutely adore your hair and your style. you just need to find what you think suits you and what you're comfortable with.

• Thanks for responding, and yes I am very comfortable with my hair and confident, but my confidence is fading with it lately.

• I think either way you'd look 16 you know? However the long hair really DOES suit you but if your confidence is fading, just try something different. If you don't wanna go completely short, go for a medium cut like a Zac Efron or Jared Leto look. You'll never know if you don't try.

• Yeah maybe. But most cuts that most girls like in the medium range like zac efron I can't do because my hair is super thin, I've gone to like stylers and asked them and they could barely get a style out of it. I don't know I'm still kinda confused. Thank you very much for your help, tho also for the compliment. :)

• I prefer shorter hair.. not SUPER short.. but no longer than say the bottom of the ears. Anything you could put in a ponytail is just too long. Sortof a turn-off.

• for you, short hair

and maybe spike it up a bit. ;D

generally, on a guy, I like short hair (:

• keep it, I love long hair. Its fun to play with and it suits your personality. Your a surfer, skater, and rocker, you're MENT to have long hair, it wouldn't be natural for you to have short hair lol

• its always going to be different with every girl. I perfer guys with short hair :) but one of these days yu just have to not look for what your looking for if you know what I mean.

• I like my guys to have short hair, for sure! You can still be a surfer, skater AND rocker with short hair. If you don't like short hair on you, grow it out. It's worth a try. =)

• LONG but with style. Like how bon jovi wears his hair now, sort of shaggy :D so cute

• i personally don't like long hair but I don't like really shor either as long sas its not past the sholders and it suits them !

• I personally like guys with short/medium hair but I looked at your pic and you look pretty good with it. Don't cut or keep your hair based on what others think; just do what you wanna do. :)

• Yeah... short! Me likey short! :D personal opinion but SHORT! :D

• I enjoy long hair alot, it's what I prefer and judging by your haircut and personality it seems to suit you quite well ^.^

But honestly don't let it get too long. Like the hair in your pic is perfect for you =]

good luck!

Natalie

• I LOVE long hair! you are gorgeous sweety, keep your hair the way it is!

• Guys will long hair is a turn on for me. In my opinion I think it looks sexy on a guy :)

• From your photo long hair really suits you,I have always preferred guys with long hair.

• Short short short short! If you can ponytale it it seems gay!

• Depends on the guy. But, you look awesome with long hair! Keep it keep it keep it!

• go short

• I like chin-length hair as the longest.

Im not big on short hair at all.

I like it so it's kinda flicked-out.. Like alternative-skate-ish if that makes sense? :P

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 5

• There is nothing wrong with your hair! There is just things wrong with the girls. There is someone out there for everyone. So, Actually I think the question is, Do you like your hair to be long or short, If you are confident with it, Then girls will like it. Simple.

• i would actually think about growing my hair out a little too. but I can't really do that...would probably getcaught up in my fire gear and stuff.

but, man what ever you feel is comfortable and suits you're lifestyle.

• Get a mullet and have both! (Just kidding.)

I've had long hair and short hair before and I got more compliments on the short hair. But ultimately it depends on the girl, and your type of hair. I recommend long hair only for men who have luxuriously thick hair, a good hairstylist, and lots of time for grooming. Otherwise keep it short.

• i might grab your ass from behind because I would think your a chick. naw man, its fine.

• dude go in to a hair dresser and say you want a 3 on the side, scissor cut the top, blend it, thin it out and you want to spike the top towards the front...that sh*t always works for just about any guy