What do you think of a girl with dreads? Guys or girls

I have this friend who is almost waiting for to me to make her life decision, she is an African American by the way. She want dreads and keep asking .Will people find her attractive she have a beautiful face, I love how she looks with braids but still will guys find it attractive( talking any races) .

ps: when African Americans make dreads, they cannot take it back out , so I do not want to be the one giving my opinion only so please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think dreads are hot hot hot!

I found a Swedish blogger who had dreads and it looked amazingly good at her!

Here's the link to her blog: link (just scroll down a bit and you will see her)

What Guys Said 9

• Depends on how thick and tight the dreads are but in general yeah dreads are HOT! If your friend is African American then she’s gonna have thick hair which is just right for dreading so should look cool.

If she doesn’t like them it won’t take long for her hair to grow back once it’s all been shaved off anyhow...

• but to be serious I love them on most people (but sorry about the comment from before I was out of line)

• i don't know why but this is just my opinion. it looks dirty and knotted. plain and simple

• Alright, little boy. I really do not your ignorant opinion but thanks still

• Youre welcome

• And also that's the way my mom raised me

• it all depends on how she wears them, dreads can look good or bad

• The Bo Derick look is cool for deds but it all depends on how she wears them. They could be a real race card for her if she has a problem with style. That is not good for any black woman which gets on just fine with everyone and has a lot of self esteem. Kind of risky?

• I know a girl that looks great with dreds, but most of the ones I see look awful. So I guess it depends on the person, but generally it's not good.

• It all depends.

It's possible to for a woman to have dreads and still be hot.

IE Lauryn Hill

• a huge turn off, it looks so darn ugly.

its so disgusting

• gross

What Girls Said 4

• Dreads can be very sexy! One of my black girlfriends has really neat dreadlocks and they're all the same size. I think she gets hit on like 80 times a day... there are no regrets there!

• Om nom nom. It's super attractive but only if they suit it and take care of them. Manky dreads make me want to curl up in a corner and suck my pants.

• well if it's a life decision maybe she should stick with braids unless she really thinks she will want them" forever"

• She always had problems with her hair, so now here we go again is that the braids have thin her hair out so they end up fallin out of her head .

• Well them she should get them if it is a better choice for her hair.. or maybe just get some weave's or what ever they are called?

• Well I'm gonna be honest a lot of guys may be turned of from her. Most of the black guys I know (I'm black too) prefer girls with relaxed hair, preferably long. Weaves and relaxed hair and wavy/curly hair (good hair) is what most guys like, I'm just being real. If she has a pretty face and some swag she might be able to pull off dreads but most guys probably won't like it as much

• I know but she always had problem with her hair,, process or not process so she thought that I love dreadlocks they hold my hair for good why not get it. and it is really sad that most guys doesn't enjoy her naturality.