Thinking of switching to hair removal cream?

Shaving has caused the hair on my legs to start growing in a lot thicker and I heard the cream helps thin it out is that true? I'm not a real fan of attempting to wax my entire leg. Who else uses it is there any brands that are really good?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love hair removal cream - but I only tend to use it on my bikini area. Legs and pits I just find too much of a hassle. You have to leave it for 3 minutes at least - and I can't be standing still for 2 seconds let alone 3 minutes lol.

Also - I find I end up using too much on my legs and it's easy enough to just shave very quickly every day in the shower to get rid of the tiny ones that grow over night - so I never really notice how the hairs grow back because I never really give them time too.

But yeah - for my bikini line it's great. I'm not sure about them growing back thinner - but I definitely find they grow back softer, and more comfortably if that makes sense.

I use Veet - the smell is horrible, but the results are really good.

• Thanks, I was afraid to use veet becasue a lot of people said it gives you rashes, but I don't have sensitive skin so it might work fine for me.

• I've never had any problems with it - just stick to the time guides and it should be fine. Plus it leaves a really smooth finish for a long time.

• Okay thanks :)

What Guys Said 2

• Not sure about the thinning out.

But if you are actively shaving it should not matter how dark it becomes...

If you want to know about creams...only experience I have is with Nair? hair removal for men. when cream is used...the hairs still grow back thicker and darker but it takes a little bit longer to grow back...like wax...the product I said is not important but if you want the convenience of getting rid of hair...cream is where its at.

Just don't put it anywhere ...um...sensitive.

Hope this helps.

By the way...a guy said something about hair not coming back thicker after shaving...i agree...it comes back DARKER...my 3 sisters and I can agree on that.

• First, it is not true that shaving makes hair thicker. Think about it: if it were true, the cure for baldness would be shaving the head, and eventually guys wouldn't even be able to shave their faces with how thick their beards would be. Hair APPEARS thicker, because stubble shows a sharp contrast to skin.

But if you really don't like shaving, try waxing or a cream like Veet or Nair. It won't thin anything out, but it will help reduce the time you spend shaving in the long run.

• Trust me it's thicker and grows in faster, I shave the bottom half of my calf more frequently then the rest of because I wear leggings a lot. And the difference is very noticable.

• Fine. If you say so. And, yes, personal reports from one or two people is anecdotal, no matter how many big words they use. So, yes, for me to believe you, you would have to keep a journal and have results published in a peer-reviewed publication. Believe hokum as you see fit.

• The guys right, it just appears thicker because the bottom part of your hair is thicker than the top, so when you cut it, your left with the bottom part. So then when it grows, hair grows by the follicle adding cells to the bottom, pushing the hair out, so your effectively pushing what was once the thick bottom part out to be the top part. But by no means do you have more hair. Everyone is born with a set amount of hair follicles, you don't just have more appear after shaving.

What Girls Said 6

• i personally LOVE the hair removal cream. I use Nair or whatever no name stuff is on sale. (you gotta wait longer with the no name stuff but still works the same)

i find the cream leaves your legs much smoother then say shaving.. where I usually end up looking like I just ran a marathon through a briar patch.

In the end it's personal preferance :)

• Your hair will not grow back thicker, it will only appear that way when it grows out because the hair grows out the same length over and over. Your hair follicles could just produce hair at a faster rate then normal. Like mine, I hate shaving and having to deal with all that stuff. I'm gonna get permanent lazer hair removal one day. I'm a hairstylist, I've been well educated on myths about hair growth. Everyone hair growth is different, no one's hair will grow back at the same rate and everyone has a different number of hair follicles. Its like when people get and get a haircut and they think that their hair will grow back faster when actually that is not the case. Your hair just grows back more evenly which gives the allusion of appearing fuller. I suggest either sticking to shaving, waxing, or try a high quality hair removal cream.

• hair cream removal is the same as shaving...it doesn't take the hair out from the root but the only reason I use creams is because its less bumps and cuts. lol

• stick to shaving or just wax

• no don't do that its a bad idea! that stuff is not good for your skin I tryed it once and I had little red bumps all over my legs and it didn't take my hair off.. and it hurts a lot I wouldn't do it stick to shaving its so much better

• Was likely an allergic reaction. They do reccomend you test a small area before doing the whole sha-bang ;)

• this works pretty well for me

link

• I might try it for maybe armpit or bikini area. But I have really long legs and waxing them just seems really tedious.