Ladies, do you like it when guys wear earrings?

Do you like it when guys wear earrings?

And why or why not...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yesss. 8-) I hate diamond studs though. As another girl put it, it reminds me of the show Jersey Shore, and also of guys that want to look "macho." Plain gold or silver studs are fine, but my *favorite* is a small, silver (or gold) hoop.

Some guys think it's girly but 1) I don't see it that way, and 2) because of the... perception of some close-minded people that it is girly, it says that the man has confidence in his style, and is not completely hung up on categorizing styles or behaviors by gender. (Which, IMO, is silly anyway and sets back the notion of gender equality.)

In the long run, for me, an earring (or a set - I know a guy who has both ears pierced) isn't going to make or break it with a guy (unless it's a diamond stud: see above). It's a nice personality quirk. =)

What Girls Said 27

• Oh gosh. Depends. My ex had this industrial earring--just one. It was SO dang attractive. Like . . . seriously, seriously attractive.

And yet sometimes I see these guys with huge diamond studs in their ear lobes and I really don't like that look. And too many piercings turn me off too. Just something simple is really attractive.

• Oh my Lord. It is S O hot! Especially with hockey hair! And I don't know what these other girls are talking about! Don't get hoops, and deff don't get gages! I hate just the little wimpy studs in guys though. If you're going to get your ears pierced, don't be a wimp about it and get diamonds, not too big otherwise you just look like a wannabe rapper/gangsta. But those little silver/gold studs is just like don't get your ears pierced then. But ya. Super hot. Do it. But don't get gages or hoops or tiny little studs!

• Yeah it can be hot when a guy wears a taper in one ear. link

Bu this only looks good on vintage/rocker guys.

• Yea, I don't mind but if it's a huge earring than that's a different story. He shouldn't wear bigger earrings than me, that'd be weird..

• Gauged ears yes, if it works for him, I'm not a big fan of regular earrings it can look good sometimes but not often.

• Gauging is probably one of the dumber trend as of late.

• Yeah that still says no where that I said your opinion is wrong.

• I clearly worded the wrong, let me break this down for you.... You snackeyg did make an opinion statement, my comment was not directed at YOU. avksxx's comment is a statement of fact, I said something and they said it's dumb.

• I don't like it. I like the shy and laid back boy :P

• No. It's just a bit too gangsta for me and I don't like anything about gangsta style at all.

• I love it. Only studs though. And it's more adorable if you have both ears pierced. Its not for everybody though.

• not really, especially if it's a huge diamond - it makes them seem to me like they're trying to prove something. Haha makes me think of the guidos from Jersey Shore. I have a thing for rings though...

• Yes! Of coarse, I don't know why but I just adore a boy with earrings

• Yes yes yes but only studs not hoops

• If it makes him look like a pirate, then yes.

I think they look good on most guys. Not all though, it kind of depends on his overall style.

• It all depends on the guy. Some can pull it off but some can't...

• I don't like earrings on guys.

• It depends. I don't like the big diamonds or hoops. I asked my guy friend once why he only pierced one ear and he said only faggots pierced both. But if he had the right style and attitude he can pull them off.

• As long as they can pull it off [some people can't] and as long as it isn't extremly gauged.

If it's like big enough to stuck your fist through, or like a banana then ew it's gross.

• No, I dislike... my ex boyfriend took of his earrings when I told him lol

• Depends on the guy, but usually not. Because a guy who wears earrings seems to me kind of feminine.

• nope.

Cause I don't even wear one, so it would be strange if I don't wear, but he wear.

• Yeah when I was 15, I thought it was cool. Now no way.

• nope I dislike it, but all depends on the guy style

• It depend on the type of piercing

• no. It makes them look like weirdos/freaks...

• Hmmm...i don't mind so much.Its an accessory.

• not really, but if it's small and tasteful, then it's ok

• yes , I like them but in the earings have to be in a certain place .

• depends, sometimes if a guy has a style of always being well groomed like hair and beard (facial hair) is always sharp looking, one earring stud looks hot!

example: link

What Guys Said 2

• Guys wearing earrings is gay.

Also, tattoos are now overrated. I see them all the time like they're the common hype.

I wonder what's next ... scars? Black-painted necks? Or perhaps "Touch me and you die" signs on someone's back?

There's always a trend.

• Well ... an interesting answer coming from a guy ! go0d to know that there ar such guys now days ( but honestly I never expected You to be with such an opinion ...) ...

and With all respect have or have you not read the question ??? the person who asked the question made it clear that its for LADIES :)... so I don't thnk you fit here ! BBYE ...

• I'll answer whatever questions I wanna answer, regardless of who it's directed to. So f*ck off.

• depends which ear. it can make you go from looking like a rough pirate to little butt pirate