I hate going shopping with my boyfriend?

everytime I go shopping I like to go with my boyfriend but for some reason everything I pick out he hates. the funny thing is that when I usually have somethin ill wear he says I look beautiful in it. is he saying it for the hell of it or does he mean it?

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably mean it. You can make clothes that don't look good ON a person look great on you. When guys see a shirt for instance, they see a shirt. When girls see a shirt we see the potential it has. We see how it would look on us and what jewelry or shoes we match it with. IF you pick something out your boyfriend just see a plain shirt of pants and I like that's ugly. But when you put it on it looks great on you because you can make it work.

What Guys Said 3

• Well I don't have to tell you about how guys hate shopping but I like shopping I think it is the fact that I wasn't spoiled and such.

Oh what I would do if I had 1000 bucks to spend at pac sun.

so I'm just living proof that some guys love shopping!

Oh and to answer your question he's telling the truth. he might just be insecure about what to wear and being that your a girl he may think you don't know what looks good in guys not to mean you aren't good at making guys look styling but yea he might just be skeptic.

• haha, guys hate shopping with women for clothes. They will never say what they really think because if you like something and they hate it, it will piss you off. Shop with your girl friends or take him to victorias secret.

• what's up with that

What Girls Said 3

• I think most men get a bit bored when shopping for clothes for the ladies and so saying he hates it is the easiest way to get the hell out of the shop asap.

If you didn't look lovely in the clothes you choose then he wouldn't say anything at all I guess.

If you're boyfriend isn't helpful to you when shopping for clothes go without him. I wouldn't dream of going clothes shopping with man - I hate it and most of the men I know do too.

My Mum is the only one I can rely on for total honesty.

• Maybe he is trying to guide your selection to a more mature level? I don't think that he is really

trying to be crude since he says you look beautiful. Take a moment to yourself, look in your

closet. Do you have something he picked out? If so compare to the type of clothing, etc, that

you picked out. If your taste are just so different you should discuss this with him regarding

the pros and cons. Good Luck!

• guys always tell you the truth when they are shopping with you if they hate it or not because I think they see what you picked out and have this image in their mind of what they want you to wear and it comes out to be two totally different things . but I think guys really hate shopping with girls because we take too long to decide what we want they want us to walk into a store and just be like yea I want this ok lets go , but we have to take our time because if we don't like it we will just stick it in the back of our closet and never see it again so just take what your boyfriend says into consideration and if you get to go shopping with him again say can you pick me out a outfit and if he picks out something totally ugly you know he just wants to get out of there