Converses (chucks) for a 22 yo guy?

I always wear dress shoes and semi-formal near casual variations of shoes, but recently I want to feel my age or younger (I'm 22), I headed for a converses store and tried some on, it looked in the mirror and felt like I'm copying Justin Bieber at his age LOL! the thick white soles look frightens me, and even worse the white cap toes made of rubber... look at this one I was thinking of:

link

except the pattern was blue in the ones I tried on... do you think they're silly? childish? if so, would the mono ones (all black) work better for me? have you seen young men looking good in these?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think they're silly at all, and I know people much older than you who still wear them sometimes. No one thinks anything of it. They're just casual sneakers, haha.

If they really do feel that childish to you though, the black on black would probably be more to your liking. Or black on brown [brown upper, black sole].

What Girls Said 6

• Ok I think that a guy wearing shoes that aren't crappy is pretty hot. You don't need to change the way you dress. If your funny, charming, polite, and good looking then you don't need to change anything about you.

I don't like the white toe caps either. I like vans better but that's just me. I say yea get the shoes but just because you have them you don't HAVE to wear them ALL the time.

Hope I helped <3 True_Love

• First off, huge turn on :) When guys wear semi-formal / formal clean crisp outifit with a new pair of Vans or original All Stars .. I love it ha ha Thee link shoes are cute but keep it to a black or mono color as you said, blue ehh not so much. :)

• They're in no way silly or childish. They look nice. And you're only a man of 22, that's still so young. And afterall, converse are timeless.

• i personally like classic chucks.. I think anyone can rock those.. but the ones on that link look good too.. and your not coping justin bieber at his age he's coping guys like you at your age

• I personally like guys with converse. I'm not to found of the converse in your link. I think those are kinda ugly. Stick with the black original. In no way are converse ever silly or childish. Its a turn-on.(:

• Nah, you're too old.

• really? :O I've been wearing them ever since and people saying I look much younger and more stylish lol I'm still confused though. How old are you by the way? and could you show me some examples of shoes you think are good? :)

What Guys Said 2

• I say age is just a number. 22 is not that old honestly. You can dress however you like as long as you can pull it off. Not childish or silly, but you gotta like em and feel comfortable in em.

• converses are pretty lame.

air-force ones > converses

• Oh no!! do you mean nike's air forces? I hope not! could you post a link or a pic for these?