Girls say that looks don't matter?

Why do girls say that looks don't matter when they really do?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) For the same reasons guys say looks don't matter (to our faces)

2) For the same reasons we say size doesn't matter (guys usually assume their size is "wrong", then they lose confidence, thereby making them uninteresting.)

3) Girls are too nice as a rule, and want to spare your feelings.

4) Women's bodies have a fairly well-defined "hot"-template (decent-sized boobs, smallish waist, firm but supple butt, full and well-sculpted lips... you get the picture). However, all the girls I know have radically different tastes in men. Some lust after ultra-skinny, others need a buffed body, and some even insist on paunchy! Then you have individual fetishes... I'm a big fan of perfect, white teeth. Most other girls don't care about teeth nearly as much... they each have different fetishes.

Each girl's picture of gorgeous is SO different from the other's, that virtually any reasonably-kempt guy is hot to *someone*. And because of that, no one girl can judge you as being hot to everyone, thus her not outright saying you're ugly. Because to someone else, you probably aren't.

(What are your teeth like, by the way...? ;-) LOL)

What Girls Said 8

• I think I feel the same way; I have to admit I do care about how I look and the least a guy I'm with could do is, well, care. It's not like I spend 3 hours in the morning making my hair nice, but seriously, it's a pain looking good and yes, I want my guy to look good too. ;*)

I would say it because I consider other traits over weight looks, and honestly that's my opinion, looks do come second for me. If I say it, it does matter but what I mean is, it's not the primary factor that I will assess when I'm with a guy I like ;*)

• I've dated hot looking guys because I'm pretty good looking myself and I am a doctor so getting guys is pretty easy. But I finally fell for this scrubby nerd. He is far from good looking but he's the cutest thing to me. The reason I like him is his amazing personality.. he often jokingly says "Oh so you're after my personality, huh?" ..Love him.

• Hope for us yet!

Personally I can feel a bit sore after a long night out where I just ain't clicking with any girls, but then I remember the countless times I've seen guys who TBH I wouldn't date if I was a chick with some really gorgeous or interesting girls and I take solace in the fact that if he can then anyone can. This is proof right here, some chicks really are more than just looks obsessed. :)

• A) don't even pretend it doesn't matter to you men.

B) Because yes, although the primary attraction to someone is physical, in the end it's not what really matters. I've known dudes who are amazingly handsome, and then others who are not. The funny thing is...the hot ones typically have no personality, and the average ones will make you fall off your chair laughing. After a while, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.

• we may initially want to go out with the "hot guy," but if he has a bad personality we won't stay interested

• the girls who say they don't matter when they do are ones who don't want to look like bitches in front of someone. It's just a way of saving face. They wanna appear as being these great people who don't judge anyone. But we all judge and are judged and it's just a way of life. If you're ugly, just work on your body and you'll be considered hot.

• We don't want to sound shallow by saying we care but looks are pretty much your whole first impression and first impressions usually last a long time.

• Just to make you happy.

• Because they want to seem nicer. I'm going to be honest, sometimes looks really don't matter. But at some points they really do.. Like when you are out with friends and a guy.. he is like a trophy. And if he isn't amazing it seems like you can't get anything better. But when guys are at a private place like your home on the couch with nobody else.. you seem to find them a lot more attractive and that kind of thing because you are with them alone and nobody else matters. It's the same with guys.. you never WANT looks to matter but no matter what.. they ALWAYS do. ;)

What Guys Said 1

• Because women are lying manipulative bitches plain and simple. At least guys are open about their shallowness. Women say all this BS about personality when that is so not true. I know many women who are married to jerks just because there hot and they don't want him to leave even if he beats her or gets drunk every night. Sure there are women who are different. But the attractive ones are the ones like this. And average guys and girls just get what's leftover. Or if your lucky your'e rich and some gold digger might like you, but gold diggers are usually sluts, so you might get an STD.