Why do some guys tell girls what they're "rated" when the girls didn't even ask?

There have been quite a few times when I asked a question that had nothing to do with looks in the slightest, but a guy will throw in at the end of his answer, "Oh, I checked out your picture, you're an X/10". My female friends have had this happen to them as well. Some girls want to be rated, but others don't. Why do some guys throw that in?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea! The whole rating system always struck me as kinda stupid and I refuse to rate people. It's so pointless! For example I used to be in love with this girl a couple of years ago and even though from an "objective" point of view she wasn't really all that pretty there was nobody else I'd rather look at and she was beautiful to me. And at times I disagree with my friends about whether or not some girl look good. There is no such thing as a "One True Rating" because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Why do people insist on using such a rating anyway? Beats me.

What Guys Said 2

• That is what the cool kids do. They try to hit on girls on here because they are not capable of doing it in real life.

• Cause most guys are players. They're rating you (most of the time highly) as a compliment, but it shows they see you as an object.

• I actually get low ratings. I think 4 is my average, and the most common one I see. The nicest I've gotten is a 6.

My friends all get from 7 to 10, but I expect that, they're gorgeous, many of them models.

• Unfortunately I can't slap them over the internet. And I'm glad they're telling me the truth, but sometimes I just think to myself "Did I really want to know that?"

• Maybe they're not telling you the truth, but just being ****s for the sake of it. Tell them to f*** off, give them a 0/10 and post their sh*t on the internet forum 4chan, we'll hax for chu

What Girls Said 0