When you like someone does your eye necessarily dilate. I heard if someone likes you their eyes will become bigger. but when I am with my boyfriend his pupil is really small.

Most Helpful Guy

• When pupils dilate they become smaller, which is often due to light or focus. When we are focusing on something, our pupils will dilate in order to allow less distracting, peripheral, light. When we are focusing our attention on something, or someone, this will often happen as well, which is why, when we are paying attention to someone we like, or love, our pupils will often dilate. If you pay attention, you will find he is so focused, he is probably switching back and forth between each of your eyes, or other aspects of your face that he likes, rather than focusing on your whole face, which requires more light.

It is the eyes that led to the development of the shutters and lenses on cameras, which coordinate to determine how much light, from where, gets to the film, to form an image.

• One correction - When pupils dilate they become bigger. Pupils become bigger when in the dark/shade or when looking at something of interest. Constriction of pupils makes them smaller, e.g. when in sunlight.

When someone looks at someone they like pupils get bigger. However, I find it hard to tell when the pupils dilate (get bigger).

You can look at this article: link

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• NO it's not strange it's actually been proven. You knows those cartoons when the bunny is in love his eyes bulges out into heart shaped? Well maybe it's not like that but there was this one time when I was hanging out with this guy that I really liked and he kept staring at me. Then I asked him what was wrong and he said that my eyes kept dilating when I was looking at him. I felt weird at first but then I remember hearing that when people are attracted to something, their eyes dilate because they are intrigued. It also happens when your eyes are trying adjust to the light but it was weird that he caught that when he was looking into my eyes. So I do believe it's true.

• No, I shouldn't think so.

Your pupils dilating is to do with light and dark.

He could be seriously in love with you, but could just have small pupils.

Don't read to much into it :)

• I've heard that too.

but I don't know if its true or not?

• wtf? that sounds really stupid.

• yeah its totally true