Do guys like girls in skirts?

Guys...what do you think when you see a girl in a skirt and why? (Or do you see them at all?)

I don't mean mini skirts but anywhere from just above the knee to longer and any style but not sleazy.

I personally think skirts are cooler in the summer and think they're more flattering than shorts.

Curious to hear what the guys think.

Most Helpful Guy

• Forgive me for being the antithesis of all the other guys, because of my religious views...

I would not think that is cool. I am a proponant of "covering up"... Hell, I believe it is improper for a man to be outside bare chested. And before anyone tries to PWN me, It is a religious value. I do enough benchpressing, crunches, and other crap to make the lot of you think I am insane.

THe point is... I would not be attravcted to it, because it to me is unattractive. I am more attracted to the "modest" dressed woman... Or as most of you may say, the "prude"...

• Jinmetsu...interesting. So do you think women can dress modestly and attractively or do you think the only acceptable way for a woman to dress would be so modest the rest of the world would see them as prudish? I'm very conservative in my religious views but do try to dress stylishly and look attractive without looking sleezy. My moto...No show for clevege, belly, butt and thighs. (Swimsuits are shorts and tank.)

• Do not misunderstand, I am not totally devoid of "style" to the point of wanting someone dressed as a Quaker or an amish... However, My perspective is that, I am somewhat against skirts... Moreover, If it is above the knee, "not for me"... I am Jewish, and I think that as long as it is in accordance with the law of Moses, It is acceptable. I mean, I can understand accomodations concerning temperature... In other words, I agree with you.

What Guys Said 20

• Yes! Go summer dresses! It gives the appeal that your feminine/attractive and traditionally to some part girly - which is naturally attractive.

Just make sure the dress is not from the fifties and your good. =-p

Hopes this helps. Pro for dresses.

• mini skirts are HELLA ugly. Skirts past the knee I only really like if its bright in color. NOTHING is more hot than a girl wearing bright vibrant colors

• Skirts are definitely more flattering.

• Could you be more specific? Flattering how and what type of skirt/dress? Thanks!

• I love dresses and skirts.

Really this is case by case but I just think it shows off the female form

• Honestly, I don't, although it also matters where you're from, if that's the way that it is there, girls in skirts, then it's really different, but I would prefer shorts over skirts :)

• Yes I love girls in skirts, mainly because for a short time during the summer you get to see those sexy smooth legs. They look even better on a tanned body to. Where those skirts proud.

• Yes, I like a girl in a skirt and blouse. As long as the clothes compliment her figure or enhance her appeal. There are a lot of girls/women that look a whole lot better in a skirt or sundress type thing than any kind of shorts.

• I think they are awesome, and highly attractive.

• Thanks....but can you be more specific? You're not thinking of a tight mini with a shirt cut to the belly button right?

• I just love to see girls in skirts.

Makes women so... feminine!

• Thanks.

I like your reason...skirts make me feel "all girl".

Pretty Girlfriend you have there! If she's as nice as she is beautiful you've got a keeper!

• Well, thank you!

• As you explained above is already said in itself. Skirts create all females appear real feminist and attraction with beauty too. Skirts always more appealing than shorts as it shows masculine when men don't want see too much of boyish in gals.

• anything that looks good. And being comfortable is a huge plus, that definitely helps personality.

• Yeah...I see so many girls tugging shorts out of their crack and having bra straps sliding off the shoulders. I think it's very tacky...not classy and really distracting from seeing the person. But that's just me. LOL

• anything that looks good.

• Well since I can't read your mind (and really don't want to! LOL) could you be more specific as to what you think "looks good"?

• It's sexy especially when a skirt/dress caresses a womens form and doesn't cover it. The right skirt/dress can make girl look really amazing.

• Uh....Rbaaguer...I specifically said in the inital post NOT sleezy. Wearing clothes that don't cover the body would be considered sleezy at least where I live.

Just to clarify the "caresses" statement...do you mean snug or just shaped and not boxy?

• He's saying form flattering skirts/dresses are appealing to him. Like say a free flowing material that flows gently over a womans curves and swishes perhaps as she moves as opposed to a shapeless potatoe sack.

• Girls with skirts always take my attention.

I love them <3

• I like pants or shorts better. Skirts don't show off your butt and I'm a butt guy. Also longer than above the knee is boring like you're an old woman or something.

• I don't think you've been introduced to the pencil skirt. The right cut can really do wonders for a womans postier.

• Yeah not really I've barely seen those in person.

• Girls in skirts > Girls in pants or shorts

• guys would stare at a woman in a burlap sack if he thought she looked good enough

• LOL so I guess that means they actually look at the face?! (Either that or the woman is tall and the sack is short....and the feller likes legs. LOL)

• I like them if they are tasteful. They are definitely more flattering then shorts

• Ummm just a girl in a skirt unless she has a pretty smile...

• LOL, so you're saying you have no preference either way...skirt or shorts/capris/jeans either way is the same to you?

• feminine look with a masculine personality while still being girly. or..in other words..my girlfriend. :) couldn't be any better

• What do you mean about the masculine personality? You think girls that wear skirts are usually too girly?

• Wow...great input! Thanks. May I ask your age? Also are you in the US or Europe? (Or have lived in both?)

• 21. u.s. never europe

What Girls Said 4

• of course guys like girls in skirts.

• i usually wear jeans and slim flannels and something confortable but shows my figure but you know somtimes you have those days when you want to feel girlyish and you go for the skirts personaly I own a lot of them but I always prefer the more casual look like the boyfriend jean an over size shirt and the beach wave hair

• Skirts are THE most comfy for me, during the summer. I hate to wear tight jeans when I've shaved the bikini line for a swim suite.

The winter is a different story. I get cold easily so it's long jeans and usually a layered shirt look or a very warm hoodie.

Winter skirts are warmer...usually a long A line or pencil skirt with boots. Ahhh...lve wearing socks in the winter! LOL

• Yeah I love the layers....but I feel fatter in the winter. LOL

• It doesn't really matter! lol once you go in a room you take them off and TA-DA!! hahaah

• I love waering skirts and dress for the first 1-3hours then I hate it because I can't run in it...I play a lot of sports and like to run everywhere and race upstairs so skirts a only if I am injured ( prevents me from moving faster than a walk to reduce chances of further injuring myself xD ) or special occations... Though generally guys like it when girls wear skirts because it makes them look more femine =)

• Its all about skirts and sundresses! I have a lot of cleavage so its hard to find a sun dress that doesn't show off too much, but when I do, I rock it as much as possible! I don't have many skirts but I like wearing them as long as their a little lower than mid thigh and not super tight