If a girl on here asks if she's pretty, do you lie or tell the truth?

i asked this a couple weeks ago and most of the guys said I was pretty. this is weird to me because all the guys at my school ignored me or taunted me and called me ugly. do you guys lie to make the girl feel better or tell the truth?

Most Helpful Guy

• This site is all about honesty personally. I would be brutally honest if asked directly. Though, if the person was exceptionally hidious I might tone it down to "unattractive" to spare some feelings.

Then, most people who post are pretty. At least that I've seen, don't often answer those types of posts though as there are people with more serious issues.

School is a miniture political system in full swing. People get to be "popular" partly by having a natural boost (looks, money, inate humor) and then by either subitly or directly deposing others qualities. I didn't see this till I was older and got into the workplace.

Basicly, it could just simply be the "in" thing to make fun of person "x". It could also be there's an association of you being nice and bad people and stupid people use "nice" people to "push off" to look better (e.g. its safe to look cool by teasing or putting down person x because they never fight back).

Look at how you respond to this taunting or being ignored. Its possibly you are perfectly good looking but people are immature and you have allowed yourself to accept the role imposed upon you by others behaviour. I can't say what is true, I have not seen a picture of you to tell.

Its also possibly you are not conventionally attractive. This isn't always a bad thing.

What Guys Said 5

• If I don't think someone is pretty I just don't answer. If someone says they think you're pretty, odds are they think you're pretty.

• I'll tell the truth. I try to be tactful about it though.

• i'll be a lot more honest.i don't like a girl who doesn't know whether she's hot or not.i prefer women who know wht they r

• Im always honest. and confidence is 1/2 the beauty.

• Depends if you want to have sex with her, if yes, then lie if no, then tell the truth...

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe they were telling the truth! I'm always honest and use the rate scale to me advantage (10 if super hot and 1 if butt ugly) and I kno it's a bit amature but trust me it saves a lot of tears. But knowing guys they would rather tell a lie and let us girls be happy than telling the truth and dealing with an emotional wreck for a few hours! But hey I think everyone is beautiful on the inside and if there are people who think your a 1 then trust me there are some people in this world that will think your a downright 10!

• I tell the truth.

Ok to be honest,I'll look at the picture and if the person is ugly,I won't answer or comment,not even anonymously.

If they told you that you were pretty then they probably meant it.With the anon button more people would be likely to be harsh and rude.

• I used to be considered ugly/fair in high school, now that I got out of there I realized that was a small fraction of the rest of the world. Shit, now I can get anyone I want it seems like so don't worry take those as compliments they're prob true

• I do! :3