What does it mean when a guy avoids eye contact when talking to a girl he really likes?

OK so this guy really likes you ...

but avoids eye contact when talking to her ...

Most Helpful Guy

• Eye contact is usually a very good indication of showing interest in a person. There's nothing unusual in breaking eye contact when talking to someone, it's better than just staring at the person and making them feel uncomfortable. Everyone looks around them when they're talking, it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't interested in the person or the conversation.

But I find it's not about when the person is talking, it's when they are not talking. If the guy keeps a deep and focused look and maintains eye contact when you are talking, then he is listening and showing an interest in what you're saying. He's not trying to make you feel uncomfortable by staring, he's just listening to you. If you're talking and the guy is looking around him and is distracted, then he isn't paying much interest in you or what you are saying.

• Okaay thanks for that ...

but he always always stares at me and turns away quickly when I catch him ........ he made eye contact once ......when he noticed me he stopped stood said hi with a big smile and stared straight into my eyes which seemed like a long time

• The staring and looking away quickly when you look at him is shyness. And of course, saying hi with a big smile and looking into your eyes is always a good sign. I reckon he's just a shy individual.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• Either he's nervous or he doesn't really like her as much as she thought.

• It is most likely he is nervous or shy

• I would say shyness