How do you feel about girls with nose piercings?

do you like it/hate it/just don't care either way?

i want to get mine done but I have mixed feelings about it. my mom keeps telling me its trashy, but I disagree.

thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I find that most people who use that particular word to describe a piercing, whether in general or one type specifically... Tend to feel that all piercings [aside from first lobe piercings, usually] are unattractive and/or 'trashy'. Whatever that means. I personally don't really see the correlation between that kind of negative terminology and a tiny piece of metal [or two] through the skin. How a person chooses to adorn their body or what kind of jewelry they wear often has little to no bearing on what kind of person they are. People with piercings are just as varied in personality and attitude as anyone with no piercings, or 'traditional/conservative' piercings only.

I say do what makes you happy, whichever choice that may be, and screw everyone else. =] Are your mixed feelings solely influenced by the feelings of your mother in this case? Or do you have other unrelated concerns as well?

• I agree with you, I don't find it trashy either!! I guess my concern is more based on the fact that I will have a scar there forever, and I'm not sure if it can be covered. my mom keeps saying "do you want a big hole in all your wedding pictures" and stuff like that

• Thanks! =] That's a valid concern to think about when considering a new piercing. But if you've ever actually seen a completely healed up nostril piercing once the jewelry has been retired, it's really not that noticeable. I notice piercing scars only because I know what to look for, or because I had prior knowledge of them that brought it to my attention. Being such a tiny gauge piercing, it really only looks like a slightly enlarged pore to me. Plus who knows if you'll actually end up wanting

• To retire the piercing before/for your wedding, when the time comes. It's going to be your wedding, which means it's your call. It might not be typical or commonly accepted to have any [to some people] unusual piercings as a bride, or even into adulthood, but you should base your standards on how YOU feel about it, rather than the opinions of others. If you think it would be weird to still have it when you get married, then that's up to you. But nostril piercings are pretty minimal scarring.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's stupid, and trashy looking. It also sorta looks like you have a zit or something on your nose.

• Trashy and Yuck!

• I don't think there is anything bad,trashy or any other word that might be associated with it.Do what makes you happy that's what I say.If you have no piercings people will find something else on your body to talk about,thats just the way the world his.When I see a person I don't look at there rings and tattoos,if I see one its a complement or interested in how and where it was done.Everytime I see a piercing or tattoo I always compliment the young lady by saying "Nice art work"

• Its defo not trashy, when I see a girl with a nose piercing I think... she's a rebel, not afraid to be different, and that's something I admire... don't subscribe to the laws of society, I hope I helped :)

• It's not being different when so many girls do it.

• Well where I come from, there ain't many people with piercings of any kind, so in my opinion it is different....... maybe in the US its common but not over here....... no need to take it personally, its just the way I see it

• I don't think its trashy either, its just a little gem on the face. if I had my vagina or nipples pierced, that seems a little bit trashier. either way, I just like the way it looks, and I am into body modification. not because "im trying to be different" but because I genuinely like the look of it.

• I think it looks really stupid. It makes you look like a retarded trend-follower. The face is my favorite part on a girl, and I think it's best to not mess with perfection.

• its a little dumb

What Girls Said 0