Girls-How do you walk in heels without looking like a retard?

I have this problem, I love heels cause I'm not exactly the tallest person around, but I can't really walk in them. When I wear just slip on heels the keep falling off, even if they're the right size, and other heels I find difficult to walk in, and I nearly roll my ankles lol

I really love wearing heels on special occasions and going out stuff, but I usually just end up opting for flats because at least I can walk faster than a snail in them. Does anyone have any tips for me as to how to keep the slip on heels without straps on them on your feet and just any tips in general for how to walk in heels?. Thanks x

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your problem might be that the heels you've been picking are too high. If they heel is too high, you find yourself unable to walk, more often than not, with a kind of retarded gait.. I mean, you look like you have a stick up your ass haha.

Actually, I would suggest looking into heels that have straps around your ankles so that it's more supportive of your movement. THat way they won't slip off and there's less chance of you breaking your ankle. And there are a LOT of cute/hot heels with straps, they don't all have to be strapless, yuh know?

What Guys Said 1

• Start out with lower heels and build up as you get more comfortable. The first time I tried 5 inch heels, it just hurt. I went down to 3 inches for my first pair and went from there. Now 5 inch are my regular weekend shoes and I can wear them all night with no problems! Also, I find heels with ankle straps easier to walk in as my feet don't slip out!

What Girls Said 8

• Don't wear slip ons to learn to walk in heels - use heels with ankle straps. It'll be one less thing to worry about. Then practice practice practice! Walk heel to toe in a comfortable length of stride, you may have to take shorter, quicker steps to keep up with people who aren't in heels but that's just life! Stand up STRAIGHT! Whatever you do, do NOT lean forward, you just look awkward and off balance. Get shorter heels if you constantly lean forward. And having good posture actually helps you balance once you have confidence that the heels will hold you! I wear heels 3-4 times a week when classes are in and by now I can wear them all day, run to class, etc. Just takes practice and confidence.

• Slip on heels I hate, they fall off! But try walking around like around your house with them on. And on the day you're going to wear them try to put them on about 2 hours before, or when you're getting ready so you get used to them. I also love heels but I'm super tall so it makes it harder to wear them. But try wearing heels with straps, or buying a chunky heels they tend to be easier to walk in, and they look super cute. :)

• Just remember to walk heel to toe and balance your weight on the heel as you do so.

• Here's a video: youtube.com/watch?v=cHlDpr5cW7M

• Practice. First of all, wear them around the house for a week to so (try vaccuming in heels!) to break them in. Make sure you roll though your steps (aka, heel to toe completely). And, if you can, lightly let your knees rub against each other when you walk. But, yeah, basically practice. As it was said and Santa Claus is Comin to Town: "put one foot in front of the other"!

• Get a kind of heels that keep your feet comfortable, and just wear them around a lot till you get used to them. I love wedges, because they can give you the stability and comfort that you're foot needs, and the tip sometimes is made to help you're foot move like with normal shoes. That means less retarded walking and aching feet, more going out and looking dashing

• If you haven't already, why don't you try wearing them around the house to get used to them?

Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell ya hah

• practice. pretend your not wearing shoes that might help.