When Does A Girl NEED Make-Up?

Just wondering.I used to wear a lot of make-up when I was a freshman,which is 14/15,now I'm 16 a junior.Anyways,back then,I mainly wore:

-Liquid Foundation

-Colored Powder foundation

-Heavy thick black liquid and kohl eyeliner

-Heavy eyeshadow

-Chapstick.I hate lip gloss ugh,yuck.

-Mascara

Anyways.I stopped.Now I only wear:

-Liquid Foundation

-Translucent Rice Powder

-Mascara

-Liquid and kohl eyeliner(Fine lines,nothing thick or heavy)

-Chapstick,or nude lips(nude lipstick) or Nivea cherry tinted.

At the beginning of my sophomore year,I didn't wear make-up,partially because I was lazy lol,the other part,I had some acne and wanted to let my skin breath.And some of my girl best friends would tell me "you need to wear make-up,you're letting yourself go" or "You shouldn't let yourself go cause you're young" and they would constantly tell me I needed make-up.So I finally began wearing make-up.

Now here's the thing.I don't have under eye circles,puffiness goes away within 30 minutes of me being awake.My acne wasn't bad at all,nothing,just a breakout every now and then.I don't have any skin conditions.I mean,it did feel good to not have to worry about smudging my make-up,or rubbing it off or whatever.It was nice heehee.

So when do you think a girl needs make-up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Natural makeup is always beautiful, I can relate you.. when I was in sixth grade I used to wear makeup like an idiot, eyeshadow, mascara, plucked my eyebrows and ruined them just so people could notice the new me. But now Idc, natural beauty makes a person beautiful, I think if you wear A LOT of makeup just how you described its making you look trashy. and you aren't letting yourself go because you're not wearing crazy make up, your friends are idiots

You don't need makeup when you have pimples, that's the time for your face to actually breathe

dark circles eh just a little bit I suppose, they sell products to get rid of that.

I hope I helped somehow.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't go for the heavy stuff. It's not letting yourself go when you don't use make-up. Most guys do notice if you do stuff that makes you look better. Pretty much, if you pit time into yourself it will show. Some make-up won't hurt, but you don't NEED it most of the time. The only time I could possibly think of are school dances and stuff like that.

• I have no idea what any of that stuff is. Girls don't need makeup. They're just retarded so they put it on anyway.

• Bags under your eyes, red marks around your nose and acne. That's about it.

What Girls Said 4

• Well you are so lucky not having racoon under eye circles lol ...

and just because you don't wear make up doesn't mean you are letting yourself go..

but putting to much make up everyday, it will age your skin...thus will make you look older as you age..yikes you don't want that right?..if you like, just use simple make up..put light coverage powder, very thin eyeliner and simple mascara..

and if you want to actually put make up on, you can do so for holidays, a date, night out with friends...

• I'm one of those people who believes that girls don't NEED makeup. If it makes you feel better about yourself, fine, but you don't need it.

• i think the fellas like the more natural look.. hun if you had givin up you woudlnt even be brushin your hair lol

• Never. And that's still quite a lot you know...

• And?do you honestly think I give a rats ass what you of all people think? Don't understand why you're going through my questions and answering them. It isn't like you even answer the questions,so don't bother

• You asked when a girl needs makeup, and I answered 'Never'. How is that not an answer?

I'll do what I want on this site thanks..

• I couldn't care any less for your answer