Mistaken for a 12 year old but almost 19?

I am almost 19 years old and many people have told me that I look 12. Please don't tell me that the solution is make up. When I was wearing black eyeliner and black mascara, I was still told that I look 12 years old. My fear is that by wearing unnatural looking makeup I will look like a slut instead of older. The fact that I am very small for my age doesn't help. I can wear a size 4 in girls shoes and am only 5 feet tall. I have a very innocent looking face, doe eyes with a button nose. I want guys my age to actually notice me and not think I am just some jail bait. I am starting college in a month and look more like someone starting high school. If I started wearing tight shirts that reveal my d sized boobs would that make me look older?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I started wearing tight shirts that reveal my d sized boobs would that make me look older? --- NO. do not do that, all that will accomplish is making you seem either a. loose or b. younger an immature. this is actually a situation someone I like is having at the moment. she's 26 but appears to be 17-20 ish or so.

best thing you can do, dress and act how you want, make some friends in college. odds are there you'll find someone whom will be able to look beyond your size/ appearance. you don't need all eyes on you, just the right ones.

What Guys Said 2

• You poor thing. I would work more on your inner faculties if I were you, and not be too concerned with validing yourself in the eyes of others. Because these others are merely trying to do the same. But since neither party really has much of a leg to stand on, morally or intellectually or emotionally, there is nothing to do but despair of the inanity of it all. But I suspect you may have to find this out the hard way. There is no substitute for inner maturity, and that takes a friggin' while!

• My friend's friend slept with a girl who he thought was in her mid twenties and she was only 11 years old so that girl is in the same boat. I don't think it matters

What Girls Said 3

• try getting a new hair cut. I used to have long hair and people always said I looked young, so I got a layered bob and I started looking older.

• in my opinion, confidence & clothing would play key roles in displaying your true age. if you have the confidence of a 19 year old with her entire life ahead of her, you'll seem more mature because of it. it may not only be your physical features, but your overall presence.

if you're dressing like a 12 year old, chances are you'll look like one. maybe even dressing for late 20's as opposed to someone starting college. keep in mind that you don't have to dress like you're grandmother to dress mature.

also, my younger sister is friends with kids from ages 12-14 and for the most part they all have the signature 'black eyeliner&mascara' look, perhaps newly experimenting with makeup. so with the makeup, though it is not the solution, if you're going to wear it, you should wear it only to enhance certain features. it is, in my opinion, a sign of a more mature person.

• It's common.

My cousin is 24 and people won't let her buy beer cause they think she is 15 years old.