Why are blonds so much more attractive to guys then anything else?

Most guys say blonds are why hotter than brunettes or redheads.

Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a myth. I think Hugh Hefner having a preference for blondes does a lot to perpetuate it. I think he's the one that said "Gentlemen prefer blondes" (correct me if I'm wrong).

Personally, the girls I find attractive are brunettes more often than not. However I also have a thing for red heads.

• Correcting you cause you're wrong: Gentlemen Perfer Blondes is a very famous, classic movie starring Marilyn Monroe.

• Thanks. I wasn't sure on that one. Now I know better.

I still think it's a myth, though. I don't know any guys that prefer blondes.

What Guys Said 15

• Blondes attracts more attention .. but not necessarily the girl I fall in love with. If you ask me.. the most amazing looking girls that would attract e as beautiful are not blondes. Yesterday I saw a brunette on teh train that totally blew off the two blondes sitting beside her. She had the most amazing smile , the most beautiful wide eyes and her face was shining with kindness and energy ughhhhhh.

• Hey... looking at year profile I would say you look better in brown hair .... You look good in blond but brown seem to match year face more and make you prettier.

• They aren't. Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Kristen Kreuk -- all have dark hair. Emma Watson -- not blond. Scarlett -- too blond. Uma Thurman -- too blonde.

• Omg kristen kreuk is so pretty! I loved that show in the old days haha

• Haha yeah I think asian people are really pretty, especially half- I have a friend who is half asian who is so gorgeous lol

• Yep!! 100% agreed.

• dont like blondes much myself, prefer highlights, then brunettes :)

• I totally don't give a sh*t what color hair a girl has, she is either hot or not hot. That "gentlemen prefer blondes" BS is annoying and outdated too, this isn't the 50's.

• i think brunettes are hotter, infact I don't like blondes very much, then again I like latinas as well.

• I prefer brunettes over blonds because I'm a blond and it seems too alike.

• I wouldn't say that.

I love brunettes!

• I don't know who is saying that, a lot of my good friends, including myself, are far more attracted to brunettes than blondes.

• That's a very good question and I don't have the answer for you... It really depends on the person though Let me tell you one thing though... Natural blonds looks much better! As for me, I like brunettes better

• They lied. lol Brunettes and redheads are better.

• Except for extremely light and platinum blond. Those are equal to the other too.

• I disagree. I tend to find dark-haired girls more attractive.

• Natural Red/Ginger haired women are the hottest in the world!

• It's just the media telling you things again. I prefer brunettes myself.

• I actually prefer black women so this question is a bit redundant...

• Depends on the guy personal preference etc ...

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know that it's a hair-color issue. It's just a perception that people who have the natural-looking highlights and seem to look easy going will naturally be more attractive. (Forget for a moment that you already know how much those natural-looking streaks cost, how much time and planning they take, at home maintenance between haircuts and colors, etc.!) The point is that if your hair looks sun-kissed, your face is peaceful, and you have the posture of a confident person, you're golden in terms of your looks. Blonde/brunette doesn't matter.

Also, in terms of the rarity of a thing in a specific environment, you are considered to be more or less attractive. For example, I have heard that in Ireland guys are SO attracted to girls with large brown eyes because they are basically used to seeing the blue-eyed redheads and the fair-haired Colleens. Meanwhile, in California, blondes and streak-laden brunettes are the norm. On the East Coast everything goes. In the mid-west those thick chocolate locks are like a magnet.

See? Environment.

• Some guys have different preferences. I think that the average guy goes more for the platinum blond and tan skin of the over all blondes. But then again, they're young. As men get older, their prefrences start changing. It's kind of weird how things work out that way. I think celebs have the stereotypical effect that blondes are hotter. Definintly not. Look at Megan Fox. Now that's an attractive woman.

• Hollywood, and how they seem to favour blondes!

Really, taht's all I can think, and it's possible, people see hot blondes on movies each day, so they get used to the idea.

I myself believe girls with dark hair are much much more exotic and prettier

• I agree.

and I agree with that too, I always think the girls with darker hair are prettier than the blond ones, I like dark hair and dark eyes

• I disagree:-)

One thing I've always heard from guys which I do also find true myself,is the fake blond girls purposely live up to the dumb blond stereotype.Natural blondes(rare,generally European),are good and generally HOT(Swedish,Swiss & Danish).

Brunettes are sexier.

• Actually, I hear the opposite. All the guys I talk to say they prefer brunettes to blondes. But its just a matter of preference, all guys like different things.