Tone body?

How do I tone my body? Obviously exercise, but what kind of exercise? I really wanna tone my legs, (I think I have fat legs, my sister just tells me they're muscular, I play a lot of sports, but I still have cellulite on my thighs. It's really noticeable) So I just wanna know how to tone my legs and stomach? What can I do? Anyone know any specific work outs?

Most Helpful Guy

• (in addition to my comment)

To really thin your legs out, you need to run very long distances. Look at marathon runners' legs, they are like sticks.

I have a friend who was a dancer, so she had larger legs (once again from high volume work).

I made her do only explosive compound movements. These movements burned the most energy the fastest. The energy came from stored calories, adipose cells (fat), and the degradation of muscle fibers. However, she countered the muscle degradation by doing explosive movements and other heavy lifts that demanded more muscle. She ended up losing quite a bit of fat, and getting slimmer and more shapely legs in the process.

My recommended exercises:

Kettlebell swing

Deadlift

Romanian Deadlift

Clean

High Pull

Jump Lunge

Vertical Jump

Goblet squat

Front squat

SQUAT

and some other complexes in addition to running. Obv not all on one day. But yea, those worked well, and are fun to do.

What Guys Said 4

• P90X...my cousin was 215 and now he's 175...TONE as hell...this is used to TONE and strengthen your body...but really P90X...you have to follow the diet as well...its worth the 50-100$...check craigslist for local people trying to sell it after they used it, but I mean if you follow what they do, you'll not only lose weight (which you don't have to) but it will for usre tone your body

• I only wanna lose like 5-10 lbs. I'm not fat, I just want a toned body. I'm 5'4 and about 127-130 lbs. I wanna be about 120, but toned.

• So lift weights....you will gain some muscle mass, but you will also burn fat....dont do HEAVY weights but do something very light and for a lot of reps...the light weigths with a lot of reps will for SURE tone you up

• only one thing to do, low weights and lots of reps. don't ever try higher weights because that's just gonna give more muscle under your fat if you have any. and that's just gonna make you looks bigger. so just grab like 5-10 pound weights and do lots of reps and sweat a lot. and for your legs I would recommend just going on bike rides everyday?

hope I helped :]

• Yyyea, don't think so.

Even low weight and high volume leads to bigger muscle. Perfect examples: speed skaters, sprinters, rowers.

• if you do sports and you already have muscles then the problem lies with your diet. you have to lose fat all over your body to tone your legs and stomach. you can easily do that with any type of diet that makes you lose fat and not just weight. And of course keep working out.

• Best way to tone is to workout. The best lift for the lower body is squats! Google some other exercises, but squats are the best.

What Girls Said 5

• Cellulite can be affected by diet, too. Try eating more proteins and vegetables, and definitely less refined carbs. When I ate less carbs, the cellulite on my thighs did diminish.

• The easiest way is to STOP wearing tight underwear and tight pants/jeans/shorts.

Wear something that's NOT tight. This is a common mistake on people, but it won't go away unless you let the natural fat place itself where it should be. How do I know this? Because I also exercise (excessively/ my high school Track & Field coach got me to haha) and I had a lot of it myself.

• Seriously? Do you have a link explaining this? I wear tight clothes all the time, I had no idea it could be bad.

• I don't have a link, my uncle, who is a doctor taught me this when I complained to him about my legs having cellulite and me exercising not getting rid of it. He explained to me that that's what tight pants and underwear can do to a body that has lot's of fat in general (good fat or bad) :)

• work out. but after that when your really fit try useing. the Nivea good bye celuite gell. It helps lot . and it does not ruin your skin or heath

• Does that actually work tho?

• Yess. I use it and I saw it on tyra, its called the Nieva challange. I don't know if its on youtube, but you can check if you don't believe xD.. I use it and its going fine forme xD

• Try TABATA, search it on www.healthhabits.com . Shit or www.healthabits.com I'm on my phone so I'm not quite sure. But it's very intense and works extremely well

• cardio..do the eliptical.