Why do I get approached when I don't look good?

Ive noticed recently that I get approached a lot more by men when I have no makeup on and I'm not dressed nicely (I feel very ugly these days), yet unexpectedly I get approached by a lot of cute guys. On the days I feel really beautiful and I'm dressed really stylish and I have makeup on...i really never am approached. Like guys stare from a distance but that's it. Why do you think this is?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes the previous girl answerer has it right. Simple is better. Us guy for some reason tend to be more attracted to a girl when she is not trying to show off and look extra beautiful. Guys (well at least I) like natural looking girls who don't try hard to look pretty but are just naturally beautiful, so you must be just naturally good looking and you let it out the most when you don't hide you real beauty with makeup. So just trust in your own self that you lovely and don't feel ugly. No girl ever should

What Guys Said 4

• Girls have the false impression that guys prefer girls with a lot of make-up on. Thing is, only other girls find a lot of make-up pretty on a girl. Maybe guys just prefer your natural look? I'm not saying you can't wear lipgloss or a bit of lipstick, but some girls definitely overdo it. And as others have mentioned, maybe you come off as more intimidating when you're all dolled-up? Maybe you're seen as less approcheable?

• the more prestige you look the harder it is to approach you, and you might send of a kind of intimidating feeling, natural girls are easy to talk to and if your cute without make up its always a bonus.

• I like a girl who looks human, and not like a plastic doll...

• Because guys don't like makeup, it just doesn't look natural

What Girls Said 2

• It's one of those things girly, back when girls who wore makeup and dressed up was a rare thing. it was all the rage and men loved it. but now that flesh colored clowns in booty shorts are a dime a dozen. They're also more intimidated because of the attitude that comes with knowing you "look good" . These days a lot of men are reverting back to looking for the girl next door. tone it down and keep it real, It's working for you right? :P goodluck!

• simplicity is the key!