Ever notice "feminists" are mostly against what is "feminine"?

I mean its kinda not an accurate label...Feminists just wanna blur gender lines..they really don't have much of a respect for truly feminine women...

Most Helpful Girl

• I really don't think it's unfeminine to support women's rights, what an odd perception. Feminists (at least most of them) aren't saying women should become men, they don't demand we give up dresses, long hair, make-up, or the ultimate thing that makes us women: sex and childbirth. I suppose yes, feminists DO blur some gender lines, especially the ones that say "men have to behave this way, women have to behave this way- that;s what makes you a man/woman". But honestly, isn't it better for everyone to be able to choose who they want to be and not be bound by such rigid boundaries? Why can't you be a mechanic and still be a feminine woman? Why can't you be a stay-at home dad and be a masculine man? You CAN and that's the point of blurring the gender lines- to get rid of all the ridiculous notions that arbitrarily and inaccurately define gender.

• Yes, ideall that's how they should think, but I honestly bleive that most fmeinists I've met belive motherhood is slavery, sex is only a biological need, monogamy is a "social construct", and basically women should jsut go around and have sex/getting abortions if they get knocked up..

What Girls Said 5

• I believe in feminism, but I'm not, like... masculine. Feminists aren't like, oh, you wear pink and like shopping? Well, you're out of the club, f*** YOUR rights. Sure, some of the way more radical feminists are probably against things that would be traditionally considered feminine, but the majority of them believe it should be a choice - that it should be a choice whether to stay home or work, or a choice whether to look and act "femininely" (whatever the hell THAT means, anyway). A reason that many feminists might seem like they are less traditionally feminine is because they disagree with the idea of constructed gender roles and don't feel the need to fit into them.

• "Feminine" women fit a stereotype. Feminists are trying to break that--they don't want the typical gender roles.

I'm not a feminist though. I respect what they did in the past, but I think they put women down more than anything else now.

• Stereotypes are often based in reality....u can call being feminine a stereotype..but the reality is that most women act feminine....just because some1 wants to restructure it is their issue

• Bingo, and they certainly don't care about men unless theyre gay

• I don't know their stance on gay men, I just know that I prefer most men to femi-nazis.

• As a feminist I will tell you that I am very feminine (the way I dress, speak, gestures, and etc.). True feminists do respect good men and only want equality between both sexes (just to clear that up). You probably ran into a radical...just guessing anyway.

• Most of them I've met are radicals I guess....they hate the idea of motherhood or and believe marriage is an outdated social structure

• I think chiefnavarro was saying only in the western world

• Oh, I'm sure too. Just wanted to put that in. :)

• They try to go against the female stereotype.

Feminism at one point was necessary,now...no comment

Idk,i'm not a feminist

• I agree....women need adovocacy sometimes just as all people do...but Susan B anthony and ealry feminists would be spinning in graves if they saw what feminism has become today

• well I think that being a feminist is more about showing that a girl is capable of more then men give them credit for, many feminist obtain feminine qualities but they also carry the strength to do what any other person could do male or female

• I don't associate women with being underaccomplishing....I honestly don't know any guys that do

What Guys Said 3

• Feminism has nothing to do with women, it isn't pro woman so much as anti-man.

• Yeah. Ironic.

• f*** them