What kind of outfit would suit me?

Okay here's the deal: I'm style illiterate. I can get by but usually I don't care because I prefer comfortable clothes to 'pretty' ones. Sometimes I want to look good though.

I'm slim, about 140lbs (63.5kg) and 5'7 1/2" (171.45cm). I have a 'pear' shape (hips are wider than shoulders), but I'm a 34C bra size. My hip measurement is about 38". I'm fine boned, but not petite or tiny, and I have really well toned legs.

My face shape is 'round' (which is a total pain in the but) and I have short, but well layered, brunette hair, with blue bangs. On the plus side my face has been described as 'very symmetrical' and when I wear make-up a certain way I've been told I look like a porcelain doll (I'm rather fair skinned with a pretty good complexion).

So what kind of semi-dressy outfit do you think would look good on me? Please keep in mind that I'm conservative by nature and don't want a look that would get me propositioned on street corners.

Most Helpful Girl

• Since you have wider hips I'd suggest an a line skirt or dress coupled with a top with detailing or print. Keep your lower half more neutral and accentuate your upper body to balance out the proportion.

Wrap dresses are classy with a pair of pumps and when you wear a dress, wear nail polish to look more put-together.

As for tops and bottoms, check out banana republic, mexx, laura, jacob (although only in canada and boston), Joseph, smart set, or rw&co for dressy stuff.

since you have fair skin, most colours will work with you but keep it generally light. dark colours in the wrong palette will make you look drawn.

What Guys Said 1

• I would say 1) sun dresses or 2) jeans with a top that goes below your hips. Someone already said it, but go to the Nordstrom website for a look.

What Girls Said 2

• I think these would look good on you:

link

• Nordstom's website has a dress section where you can select your body type and it gives recommendations on dresses that would look good on you... here's their dresses for the "pear" shape: link