Guys: Why would you talk to a girl online but never in real life?

I knew this guy who would always give me like a blank stare in school and never say hi to me. But online he would always talk to me like we were good friends.

What else besides being shy? He didn't really seem like the shy type...

I even thought it was because he didn't want his friends to know he knew me.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is extreamly easy to talk to women online. You don't have to worry about a lot of things like your appearance, if she doesn't like the tone of your voice, if she doesn't like your hair style. I am extreamly shy and probably wouldn't say more than two words if you asked me this to my face. I do feel comfortable enough around only 2 women that I can go to and start a convo.

What Guys Said 3

• He's shy/insecure/etc. It's easier to talk to someone online than face-to-face for some people. Did you approach him and say hi?

• Yeah, as I was walking by him I smiled once and he seemed very happy. I thought being the first one to say hi would make him approach me the next time but he still didn't so I kind of just gave up. lol

• I'm like that right now actually. So yeah I would. I don't know how to fix it. :(

• As for you approaching me. I'm not that much of a social retard with girls. I'd be fine talking to you after that.

• Shyness can really get in a guys way if he likes a girl.

What Girls Said 1

• Do you smile at him? Talk to him?