Guys: Why would you talk to a girl online but never in real life?

I knew this guy who would always give me like a blank stare in school and never say hi to me. But online he would always talk to me like we were good friends.

Updates:
What else besides being shy? He didn't really seem like the shy type...

I even thought it was because he didn't want his friends to know he knew me.

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• It is extreamly easy to talk to women online. You don't have to worry about a lot of things like your appearance, if she doesn't like the tone of your voice, if she doesn't like your hair style. I am extreamly shy and probably wouldn't say more than two words if you asked me this to my face. I do feel comfortable enough around only 2 women that I can go to and start a convo.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• He's shy/insecure/etc. It's easier to talk to someone online than face-to-face for some people. Did you approach him and say hi?

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, as I was walking by him I smiled once and he seemed very happy. I thought being the first one to say hi would make him approach me the next time but he still didn't so I kind of just gave up. lol

• I'm like that right now actually. So yeah I would. I don't know how to fix it. :(

1|1
    0|0
    • As for you approaching me. I'm not that much of a social retard with girls. I'd be fine talking to you after that.

• Shyness can really get in a guys way if he likes a girl.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Do you smile at him? Talk to him?

0|0
    0|0