I have dark brown hair, a little bit past my shoulders and I wanna get some purple put in it, just some streaks, not all over. I don't know whether I should get it light or dark. I don't want it to look too crazy. But I need some opinions on it.

Most Helpful Girl

• you can get your hair highlited and the purple dye applied to it directly without bleaching it first- it will give all of your hair a purplish tint without being in-your-face, but the highlighted strands will be a stronger, more "defined" purple color.

that's how I've had mine : P it's a nice twist to otherwise "boring" solid colored hair, but subtle enough to get yelled at or stared at (too hard, lol). it will look kinda like this, but purple instead of fuchsia, link

What Guys Said 3

• OMG. Weirdly colored hair (pink, purple, blue) is a major turn on to me.

PLEASE DO IT!

p.s. I was just getting my own hair cut this weekend and the chick doing my hair had some purple high lights and she was so cute and I got a boner! YES!

• I would say all over but you don't want that, so I guess light would look the best. So it stands out more.

• I'd say dark :)

What Girls Said 4

• dark...it looks a lot better :)

• If you want the purple to look as natural as possible, I'd say go darker.

• I'd go with dark purple, I think it's look really good by how you described your hair :)

• Go with the dark purple. light purple on dark brown hair wouldn't look cute