I know girls want more than just sports. what should I do?

so my life revolves around sports. ESPN is on the TV 24/7. my sisters want to change how I dress. I wear sports jerseys everyday. they want me to wear more American eagle clothes and aeropostal clothes and I kinda want to change too. I know girls want more than just sports. what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• when I think about the guys in my school who are obsessive about sports, always wearing jerseys and talking about professional sports, it comes off as cocky and admittedly really obnoxious to me. Something about it usually makes guys act quite arrogant, and I usually consider guys like that to be "not my type"

However, athleticism is always attractive. Always. I'd say the majority of girls find it a turn-on if a guy plays sports. Don't change who you are and what you do... just be yourself, but don't overdo it. Don't let it get to your head, and keep in mind that girls might start stereotyping you as a "meathead" if you just wear jerseys all the time and have no other hobbies.

What Girls Said 4

• be who you are! screw what other girls think. you own your own clothes, you own you. if a guy told me to wear something different, I'd tell him to screw off. I wear what I want to wear. duh.

• Some girls love sports, just be yourself.

• umm maybe you should try it and if you don't feel comfortable in them then go back to the way you dressed before

• football is hot.

What Guys Said 3

• In general, do what you're comfortable doing. I wouldn't suggest trying to completely overhaul yourself as you run the risk of manufacturing a you that just isn't you. Instead, try exploring some of your other interests. Certainly sports can't be the only thing you like. If it is, then try some new things, meet some new people, and keep an open mind. Its great to broaden your horizons but beware trying to be someone you aren't. I don't think that most girls will hold it against you that you dig sports. Honestly, I tend to be a pretty snazzy dresser when I go out but to tell you the truth it doesn't seem to make much of a difference whether I'm ultra fashionable or wearing a ratty old jersey. Personality is everything.

Also, go Pens!

• I wouldn't say changing the way you dress is changing your personality. It's just clothes do it if you want.

• Dude just let your sisters buy you some clothes that they like for like your birthday or Christmas and then try them on.

Also one tip: if there is any girl you like you can ask her if she wants to go shopping with you at the mall! All girls love to shop so it is good way to spend time with chicks and also you might get some good clothes picked out for you. (when I am shopping with a girl I like to let them sort of 'lead the way' and I walk behind them so I can stare at their a$$)!