Is A Blond Girl Always Percieved As Stupid?

I'm blond and everyone always seems to think I'm stupid . I Am Not I have a 4.0 . So honestly tell me why ?

Most Helpful Guy

• it is just a stereotype...

There is also "street" smart vs "book" smart. You can be smart but still be ditzy (I am not implying you are).

I am sure you have heard "who cares what other people think" before... well everyone cares what other people think. It is up to you how you react to it. You are clearly a smart girl. You shouldn't let this bother you.

My mom is a blond and always said that "blondes get a bad rep because there are so many jealous brunettes"... always made me laugh a bit.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes they are ALWAYS perceived as slutty and stupid. Why? Because they got the reputation for being that because so many of them just reinforce and allow the stereotype to rule them. They think, "Hey, I'm blond, so I can use that as an excuse to be stupid and do stupid things."

I personally don't find blondes, natural or unnatural hair, attractive at all.

• hey..for guys every girls is stupid and for girls every guy is an ass. If obviously they have a breakup. On other conditions everybody have told you the right anwer.

lol..have fun. Boys like stupid girls.

• Most people think so, based on what they have seen or read somewhere. Plenty of youtube videos about blondes and such. Personally, I don't view anyone as "stupid" because of hair color or much else. I give people the benefit of the doubt.

• I know too many smart blond girls to think that. Now if you were dressed up a bit silly, and acted ditzy... I might.

• No of course not. It's just a common stereotype that's been around forever. Hair colour has nothing to do with intelligence. So don't worry cos you know who you are and that's all that matters :)

• There are stupid people of every hair color and smart people of every hair color, so I really don't think so. I try to look at their abilities and personality. I don't judge on how someone looks.

• Two words

Stereo - type

What Girls Said 3

• look people will be people! If I have to call someone a bimbo - its either a blond or a brunette or a redhead (though hard to find one) anyway point being everyone is usually stating that fact as it is that blonds are dumber - nope it always goes both ways - just because of a stereotype some guys love to play with blonds that just makes guys stupid in believing the stereotype - I'm not a blond but I would refer to everyone no matter the hair a color a bimbo if the occasion calls for it -come on your seriously not going to tell me that you have never met a brunette who was a bimbo?

Also why pay attention? People like that should never matter to you - you should be glad that you are a blond remember most want your hair color!

• I'd say you don't look that blond. Personally I wouldn't worry about it. I have a BSc in Environmental Science, which requires a lot of brain power. So there are exceptions to the rule because I've met some incredibly stupid brunettes and redheads.

• Nope not always. I'm very blond and have a 4.0.

link