How do I ask my mom without it being weird?

I want to start wearing a touch of makeup around my eyes to bring them out more. But it will be kind of weird to ask my mom because my whole life I have been anti-makeup etc. I still am, but I think mascara will be ok. And when I ask her she will think I am "growing up" and I really don't like that because I want to stay her baby forever. So how can I ask her without it being incredibly weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is interesting, I just talked to my mom about this yesterday! lol. well anyways, I had always been anti-makeup too but this past year was my first year of college and I dormed. My friends would do my makeup for me whenever we went out because I had no clue what to do and what products to use. Then I went shopping with one of my best friends and she taught me what to do. When I came home for the weekends or whatever my mom never said anything about my makeup(I'm basically just a mascara-eyeliner kinda girl) and then one day she actually offered me an eyeliner that she hadn't used for forever.

so yesterday, I asked my mom at what age would she have been okay with me wearing makeup, and she said 16. and I asked my mom what age my grandma set for her. she said that she and my aunts never asked my grandma if they could wear makeup. and I didn't ask my mom either lol!

soooo long story short(sorry but I wanted to be as specific as possible) you might not even have to ask your mother. as long as you keep the makeup simple and you're a reasonable age, she might not even say anything. moms are different, but if its within reason, it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

good luck!

• Thanks that helped =D I asked her and she said I was too young for makeup but she said I could have some mascara :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell her that you would like to only wear mascara.

Have her Take you it can be a great bonding experience. You can still be her little girl but still be a teenager at the same time.