What's going on with my boyfriend?

Me (17) and my boyfriend (21) have been dating for 4 months now. I've spent every single day in the past 4 months with him. I've never been happier in my life, up until 2 weeks ago. He came back from vacation and everything was perfect. I love him and he loves me. Then the next day he started to ignore me and then a week later he tells me he needs a break from having a relationship and that he didn't just stop liking me but it's hard for him right now? It was out of the blue.

I was the perfect girlfriend. Faithful, thoughtful, sweet, caring, kind, I always put him before myself. I baked him baked goods to cheer him up. If he had a bad day I'd come over in sexy lingerie and a platter of cookies. I swear to you I was perfect. So why is he acting this way now? Do you think he'll realize this is a mistake and he'll come back to me? Apparently he is a 'player' and likes to keep his options open, but if he is, then why would he bother being in a relationship with me for 4 months? especially the summer? help me! I'm even not going away to college anymore because of financial issues.

During the second month I saw that he was texting his ex-girlfriend and she kept telling him how she wanted him back but I didn't think he would do that to me (i'm naive, I know). Do you think that's what it is? I'm hoping he'll come back to me...

Most Helpful Girl

• no .. well let me tell you you said it right there ...

" was the perfect girlfriend. Faithful, thoughtful, sweet, caring, kind, I always put him before myself. I baked him baked goods to cheer him up. If he had a bad day I'd come over in sexy lingerie and a platter of cookies. I swear to you I was perfect" and that is the reason !

ur not expected to be perfect for GODs sake ... your not supposed to put him ahead of YOU because guyz will take girls like that for granted and will garauntee that you will never be able to leave him ... ... first of all : you are supposed to love yourself more than anyone and anythng ... you come first then your frndz then the person you love ... do not make your life all about him .. have your own life show him that you don't depend on him and you dnt need anyone to live ... well from time to time remind him that you love him and appreciate him and never over do it ... DONT BE CHEESY guys don't like that at all ... be strong .. be your self be supportive but never stop any activity that you have for him or any guy ... don't give too much .. just wait and see what he gives you ... ( read the book , why men love bitches and ull know what I mean ) and also read ( act like a lady think like a man ) ... you can use that with every relationship with him or any other guy ...

as for that guy ... IGNORE HIM TOTALLY ... and be happy and don't show him that your life stopped because he is not here anymore ... show him that your powerful ... and when he sees that he will come to you and don't you forgive him easily ... because this is You and no one messes with you :)

What Girls Said 7

• you should focus on your financial issues, they seem more important right now.

well if I were you, I would just let go of this guy. if he's meant to be with you, he'll work his ass off to be with you. right now you have more pressing matters at hand. hang out with a few good friends and make sure you take care of yourself first. take care.

• You sound like a sexy , sweet girl. However, he sounds like a 21 year old young man. You have to understand , he isn't going to settle at that age (well most likely). He very well might go back to the ex-G and realize how good he had it with you. But what you have to ask yourself is this

Why would you even want him back? You are too young to tie yourself down. That is most likely what he is thinking. You need to look out for yourself ,my dear, because no one else will. Also 4 months sounds a bit like you are rushing things. He might have felt pinned in.

Try to take your relationships slower and don't forget to be SELFISH every once in a while , okay? You deserve someone who is going to see you and treat you for what you are worth.

• I've been in similar situations. Sometimes we're too good and they take us for granted, knowing that we'll still be good to them even though they're not.

I'ts complicated, I know...

There could be an influence about the ex-girlfriend.. I think you have to get the story straight. Maybe ask around and depending of what you find out, you create a strategie on how approach to the guy (u don't wanna scare him off.. )

I can relate do you, believe me! And it hurts like s... But.. heads ups girl! Good luck!

• maybe he got sick of you, I'd get sick of someone if they spent everyday with me for 4 months

• guys sometimes don't realize what they have until is gone. so I would suggest that you that you don't contact him let him miss you. don't wait for him, hang out with friends, seperate yourself from him its easy to get caught up in someonelse and forget all about yourself.

• Well maybe he cheated when he went on vacation I'm sorry I really don't know what to tell you if he comes back then see what happens but if he was txting his ex he may have went back to her I'm very sorry I hope everything works out for you

• just try to get over him..you deserve better than that.apparently he was just using you..i know it sucks...when you give it your all..fall for him..and at the end he ends up..hurting...you...when he said..he never would...and you really thought he wouldnt...but life goes on...just enjoy your teenage life...live and learn from your mistakes... next time don't give it your all unless you know he is worth it...

What Guys Said 2

• Just ask yourself this, does he deserve you?

• best thing to do at this point; don't contact him, let him feel crap and make him miss your love, then he'll return, if you put pressure on him now and keep sending stuff, he might make stupid decisions.

btw I don't think he deserves you.