Why do guys whine about makeup?

I just don't get it. Its a girl thing. I personally don't wear makeup to impress guys, I wear it to impress other girls, because if you leave the house looking like crap, they are the ones that will stare and judge. if I only ever saw guys, I wouldn't wear makeup at all. Also guys style there hair with gels and wax, and I have seen some with gel caked on so much that they look gross, yet a girl doesn't sit there saying I don't like this or that, because she accepts that you do what you need to do to feel good about yourself. Guys get crazy haircuts, some shave their chests, others take steroids and stuff to get muscly, all in an attempt to feel and look good. Not all guys do it, just like not all girls wear makeup. So stop whinging about makeup, when its clear that both genders have issues with what the other does to feel good.

Most Helpful Girl

• When a girl wears make-up,she's called fake and said to be falsely advertising.

When a girl doesn't wear make-up,she is said to not take care of herself,her appearance or what she looks like.

Guys say they want "natural" and dislike make-up,but that is because they've clearly never seen a natural woman in real life.They see women in magazines and assume all women have clear,flawless skin.When in reality,most women suffer from at least one of the following:rosacea,acne,large pores,uneven skin tone,wrinkles,blemishes,blackheads,redness,oiliness,dryness,under eye circles,puffiness,stretch marks,cellulite etc.When these are exposed,the women are told to cover up and that they do not take care of themselves.Some women have multiple combinations of these.

They think all women are 100% tight,fit and toned.Spanx anyone?

They think all women have long,lush,full healthy hair.Extensions,weaves,tracks?Ever heard of that?Of course when a woman in a magazine wears such,you hear no complaints from men,but on this site,everything is just against women trying to feel good about themselves.

They don't realize,the women in reality do not compare to women in magazines that they drools over.

There was one girl on here who said that many of the guys on here are young and inexperienced,those are the ones claiming to like "natural" where as the older and more experienced guys do not say such things or judge women by their make-up or accessories.

What Guys Said 1

• We whine about make up because we'd rather you look natural than hide behind some cake face.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think guys are as obsessed with how we look, honestly. I think they just look for a height/weight proportionate figure, healthy hair, clean appearance, well fitting clothes, and that's really about it.

Most guys I know prefer a tiny bit of makeup. Like just mascara and lipgloss.

However, there are guys that love scene girls wearing winged eyeliner and sporting huge dyed hair.

And some guys DO like girls who wear fake tans, bronzer, and bleached hair.

The bottom line is, you gotta do what makes you happy in order to attract guys who like you for who you are. If a guy is whining about your makeup, he needs to go find a different girl.

Personally I appreciate a guy who doesn't care what makeup I wear or if I don't wear it because sometimes I think it's fun to wear a lot and other times, none.

• I don't think guys really complain that much... I know some say that they like it when a girl is naturally beautiful, and who wouldn't? But I hardly ever wear makeup and a guy I dated said "It's a huge turn-on that you can get away with not wearing any, but that doesn't mean makeup is a bad thing. It does make girls look pretty"

I think that's how most guys are.

• yea I wear make up for myself...definitly not for girls or guy, I wear because it enhances my features..not cover up my face ha ha and I wanna look my best...is there anything wrong with that ha but I don't put much on anyways...

• I think guys whine about makeup when the girls looks fake. Most guys don't like a ton of makeup on girls I suppose. And it's kinda funny that guys complain and think it's all about them. You bring up a good point about other girls judging. I wear makeup for me. I don't wear a ton, and I think I look pretty with it.

• same..guys have told me I look better without makeup, lol (I HIGHLY doubt it ) but ok..

• i don't wear makeup at all ,never had so I couldn't really care less what the guys think :)

• because they think makeup is being fake. in their minds, a girl should look naturally flawless and beautiful without needing to put any makeup on.

• I wear makeup for me. I don't feel good about myself if I don't look good