What do you generally think of bleach blonde highlights?

Are they bad, good, ok

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds good to me, but it really depends on your hair style and colour. If your hair is fairly nondescript, say a light/medium brown, then highlights will add interest. My girlfriend has hair like this and she uses non-permanent dyes that just last a few weeks then wash out, to change the colour all the time - I never know what colour its going to be next, so I like this approach. Going for permanent bleached blonde could be risky cos if you don't like it you'll be stuck with it for a long time-unless you dye it again. If you've got really dark hair then blonde highlights may make you look like one of the Addams Family. Highlights look good on longer hair, so if your hair's a bit short, consider growing it first. Your best bet is to get some advice from a good hairdresser-he or she may have some pics that will give you an idea of what you will look like-or you may have the wrong hair type for highlights, anyway. Good luck.

What Guys Said 4

• Kind of depends on your hair color but in general I like the highlights, but not the whole hair done in bleach blond.

• They look good depending on how you dress and honstly the color of your skin!

• Depends who has them.

• Just wondered why so many girls reacted to this question, and so few guys. After all, it's a guys opinion that you really want, isn't it?

What Girls Said 13

• well I've had bleach blonde hair,brown hair,red hair, black hair most colours! I've high lights which I have now but there more caramel blondes, sandy blondes now and I always get compliments! it depends on your hair colour now? and if your getting high lights they won't be bleach blonde high lights they will be all shades of blonde to look natural

• Unless your hair is already fairly light then BAD. I hate when darker haired brunettes or so on get obnoxious blonde highlights. Are they supposed to look natural? Because no one is believing it. I think people who do that have no taste; to me it makes their hair look duller and always dirty. It's extremely fake and makes hair appear streaky. Kinda reminds me of raccoon stripes.

• I'm not a big fan of bleach blonde hair just because it usually doesn't look natural, it looks kind of white. It's one thing if you're blonde already, but other than that, there are other shades that would look a lot better.

• depends on your skin tone but in general I think bleach blonde highlights are pretty sweet if you can pull it off, but the whole head is just wrong.

• I don't really care for bleach blonde. Something a little lighter perhaps but bleach blonde always make me think of some slutty chick who always wears low cut tops and super short shorts. Just my opinion. I'm sure they do look good on some but that's the first thought that comes to mind.

• depends on your complexion if you have a REALLY dark skin or are olive complected NO! it looks so trashy! but if your fair to medium then its fine.

• well I use to have beach blonde highlights in my hair and I loved them! my base color hair is black and I had those and I find it was very sexy , and yes a lot of guys liked it too , but you have to see if it suits you , at first I didn't have much just 3 pieces then I had more . Personally I think its chick! I miss them sooooo much. you can try to put extensions first like one or two pieces of blonde and you'll get an idea.

• they're good once your hair isn't really really dark!

• If you're a blonde already then I think they'll look good. But on any other hair color, not so much.

• what color is your hair?

in general, I think bleach blonde is a bad idea for most.

• I like blonde highlights. I have blonde highlights myself. So I think they are good.

• i think they can look good, especially on already blonde hair. and if you're kind of alternative black hair with blonde highlights is always an option.

but if you're a brunette I think they're a mistake. even the more subtle ones instead of getting big bold streaks don't look good or natural at all.

• im not a fan of them. they tend to make girls look really fake.