How do you deal with a mother who always comments on how you dress?

i have the 'pleasure' of dealing with a mother who keeps commenting on how I dress whenever she sees me. it drives me crazy that she does this. what would you say or do ? I still live with her unfortunately.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell her you appreciate her concern but it is up to you what you chose to wear and not her.

What Guys Said 2

• you just need to ignore her or take her advice and think about it logicaly. Parents often have a lot more influence on kids than kids think but parents are human and make mistakes too so its important to think about things and make the choice on your own

• Lol! Sounds like my mother, except thank God she doesn't live with me. Just tell her to stop bitching about every little thing.

What Girls Said 3

• I tell my mother "Mind your own business and leave me alone"

Simply because she criticizes everything about me and my body.I'll never be skinny enough,I'll never be pretty enough,I'll never be smart enough,I'll never be nice enough,I won't go to the HS she wants me to go to,I won't go to the UNI she wants me to go to.

I just tell her to mind her own business.

• she's entitled to her opinion and you have the right to ignore it.

• Yap, you're not alone in this situation. It's a little different for me though, I have a very close relationship with my mother, so sometimes I actually need her criticism/advice.

Most of the time I say "okay" or something like that and keep ignoring it, because I realized that arguing with her is pointless.