Black and white pictures?

I have notice a lot of pictures on here are in black and white. Why do you do this. We are not in the 1940's anymore. They have invented colored pictures.

Minor typo: noticed

Most Helpful Girl

• It's supposed to be "artsy". Also, it covers up a lot of mistakes, haha. I do like black and white photography as a format, but people do overuse it.

• Best answer for now. Unless I see another one I like

What Girls Said 4

• Stylistic choice? Freedom of expression? They think it makes them look better? Probably because they feel like it...

• Because they chose to do so...

Why are you the dictator of pictures?

• I just think my black and white pictures of me look better than my colored pictures for some reason. Sometimes is looks better and a lot of people like the "classic" look.

• Sometimes if everything is in color things that are beautiful can not be seen with everything else around.

What Guys Said 2

• People think they look better in black and white, masks themselves a little. Also it's artistic.

• Some people are color blind...