That shoes thing ... does it have a reason?

it may be a prejudice but most girls tend to stockpile shoes. is there a reason? is there a method in this madness?

just curious...

i got my girl to count her "arsenal" ... 47 pairs without boots (quote: "boots are no shoes...")

Most Helpful Girl

• we have so many shoes because shoes are like accessories. they can make and transform an outfit. most people wouldn't only have 1 or 2 necklaces and earrings, so the same goes with shoes. different shoes can make a simple outfit like t-shirt and jeans totally different.

if a girl only had let's say, 5 pairs of shoes, she would most likely end up looking very similar every day and have a limited wardrobe.

link

link

here are 2 examples of the same outfit which can be made to look much differently just because of a change of shoes and accessories.

just be happy your girl cares enough about her appearance to go through such efforts...it could be worse lol some guys complain about their gfs/wives looking frumpy and never caring about their appearance :)

What Girls Said 11

• Because shoes go with everything. You can never have a "fat" day with shoes. Boots are not shoes, they are totally different. Shoes only cover your feet, boots come in a variety of lengths!

Girls love shoes, because they improve our posture, we feel sexier in heels, there's massive shoe envy between women (if you've got a pair of Louboutins on, guaranteed every other girl in the room is gonna notice and be pig sick that you've got a pair) so there's getting one up on everyone else because you've got the best shoes.

Plus shoes can make or break an outfit. I seriously have a major shoe fetish, I've lost count of the amount of pairs I've got and I'm on a mission to buy every pair of heels that Iron Fist have ever made.

• Christian Louboutin is everything that is good and wholesome and right in this world. One day I WILL own a pair...I don't care how many paychecks I have to save. They are hands down the best and not just shoes but art.

• Would you say this mindset is quite common?

• Very common. I'd say about 99.9% of women have a major shoe fetish.

• Sometimes I can't help myself. I just buy more and more shoes all the time. And I want to have different types of shoes so I can have a lot to choose between and match however I want.

Like choosing shoes to wear in School/Gym/Parties/Hanging with friends/road trip etc

You can't just have one pair of shoes to each group 8-)

• Well, someone can ... ilyurbella for example deosn't own shoes worth as much as an used car ...

so I think there's still something more about this ... but maybe guys just can't understand such things ;)

• I buy like two pairs of shoes a year, plus running shoes, shoes for modelling / go sees, boots, sandals... I'm really concerned about the environment though, so I don't buy a lot of stuff, I just spend a lot of money on my things so that they'll last. Most of my friends have upwards of twenty pairs each. I think it's because of the seasons, what goes in and out of fashion, and also the fact that most women like to reinvent themselves. :)

• I wear a pair of Vans normally, and a pair of boots in the winter to keep my feet warm. That's it. But I do agree, boots aren't shoes. They're used a bit differently, at least for me.

• yes an outfit is not complete without the right pair of shoes.. period point blank... you need a variety.

• I only buy shoes when my old pair break/ have a hole through the sole/ get damaged etc. but a lot of women LOVE shoes. Personally I always match but have a normal number of shoes so I guess it all depends on the person. Shoe shopping for some women is like sports for guys (A form of entertainment).

• So we can match everything to every outfit that we have and the purses that go along with it. Honestly, I could care less. I have only 4 pairs of shoes. Two pairs sneakers, one pair of flip flops, and my favorite shoe ever ---- my steel tool boots. I don't need any more than that

• i have had the same pairs of sneakers (still in good condition) for 6 years and I have a pairs of working boots for working in anywhere dirty like the farm and I've had them for 8 years. I hate shoe shopping and I don't understand why all other girls love buying a million shoes. Might be because I grew up on 4 wheelers and dirt bikes and spent all my time with guys from my family. Lol

• yea I have 100 pairs of shoes and 30 pairs of boots...i personally give the reason that I like to have options. I know I always have a pair of shoes that will go with any outfit I have. =)

• Um...I just like shoes. In my heels I can dress them up, dress them down. My shoes can really say how I'm feeling for the day, so it's great to have options.

• wow that's a lot I only have 1 pair of shoes 1 pair of sandals 1 pair of boots and 1 pair of high heels haha

What Guys Said 4

• usually it's so they can have shoes to match all the different stuff they wear or that's what I've heard

• well I have 12 pairs of shoes, but thts because I skate and play drums so much I ware em down quick

• What I really like is when they have like 3 pair or more that look exactly the same style,height,color but she swears they are completely different and necessary. I figure there are bigger problems to fight over and let it go.

• Because they are stupid, that's why. 47 pairs of shoes is just retarded. Especially if we are the ones who have to buy them. No wonder my dad gets p*ssed off. My mom has a closet for shoes and purses.