What do you guys out there think about no eye contact?

So if a girl does not make eye contact...or she does make eye contact but doesn't hold it...would you think she's just shy or not interested? Just want some opinions because I have a hard time maintaining eye contact with guys I like! Didn't know if it makes me look uninterested or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends, if she's looking towards the floor or something I'd think she's shy and lacks a good self image.

If she's scouting the room, looking around then I'd think she just wants to get away from me because she's not interested.

If she's just looking at my body, I'd assume that's the only thing she'd want me for.

• That makes sense! I thought that would be true but I wasn't quite positive.

• Tho I have to mention that a lot of guys aren't good at reading body language and thus won't be able to categorise like I just did.

• True! haha

What Guys Said 7

• Well, if you were with me, I'd probably be the one worried about you thinking that I'm uninterested...lol...

I have a tendency to be more preoccupied with how I'm acting or coming off so that I often won't notice or stop to think about how the other person is reacting.

And the eye contact thing can sometimes be an issue for me too, so if you're avoiding eye contact I might wonder if it's me.

But if I did notice, I wouldn't automatically assume that you're uninterested. I mean, if you're good at making eye contact, it can be a positive thing, since that's one way to show interest...but just because you're not making eye contact doesn't mean that I assume you're not interested.

I'll look for other signs that you might be interested. The guy suggesting you smile gives one good idea.

• I don't notice at all... has to be the worst type of flirting I've ever heard of anyway. Looking someone in the eyes is generally polite when being spoken to. I'm also not looking for signs that every girl I talk to may be hitting on me. I'm just not that focussed on anything so mundane.

• If you make an effort to look into his eyes, but find yourself looking away. guys will take that as a sign of shyness.

but if you look at him like only when addressing him then the rest of the time you're looking elsewhere and your head is even turned elsewhere, I'd assume you werent interested.

• I would think she is uninterested. We need to hold eye contract for a few seconds, before I know it's okay to approach her.

• she's not interested or is taken already

• Not interested.

• If you can't hold eye contact very long and you are interested just flash a smile before you look away. A smile goes a long way with me, I'm not saying I approach every girl that smiles at me but if I'm interested and she flashes me a smile I'll usually make an attempt

What Girls Said 0