If a guy is out by himself, does that look bad?

So one of my biggest issues with being confident to go out and find girls is I don't want to go out alone. My friends rarely hang out with me so they're not an option. Anyway if a guy is by himself does he look like a loser?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are obviously uncomfortable out by yourself, then yes it looks bad.

The trick is to behave like it was your choice to go out by yourself - not like you did it because it was your only choice. You can't pull of confidence with a patina of self consciousness on you.

I have a few girlfriends who refuse to go out by themselves - even if it's just meeting me at a place. They act as if everyone is "watching" them and wondering why they are so pathetic to be out on their own. I try to tell them if they feel that way - that is what they will project.

I've gone out on my own many times for years. I hated the idea of sitting home alone, so I went out and did things by myself. Gone to movies, out to eat, clubs to dance. I'm sure there were a few people who wondered why I was hanging out by myself - but I always thought it was because THEY couldn't fathom having a good time on their own. But I usually had a great time.

When I see guys out on their own, I don't think anything negative about them unless they are chatting every girl that crosses their path. That's when I think they are desperate and steer clear.

Go out and enjoy your own company. Make eye contact and smile. It doesn't make you a loser if your willing to go out and try new things on your own.

Good luck.

What Girls Said 5

• where in that sentence is there logic? people go out by themselves all the time, when your friends are busy, who else you got to go out with? no one. I hang out or I go out alone. it's all the same as long as you're enjoying yourself.

• I just stay at home. Have been ever since my friends haven't really payed attention to me. I thought that's what people did. Not counting going shopping or something.

• I don't know how to go out alone or where.

• Not really.Guys in my opinion,are generally more independent and aren't like girls that always have to be with someone or in a group.I think nothing of it.I just take it they are on their own,especially when they are in their teens and twenties.

NOW,if the guy appears to be Chester or creepy,then I take it he is a loser.

• depends on the situation

• No, we can't always assume that.. There is nothing wrong with going out alone.

I sometimes do, I enjoy it better..

• Well here in North Carolina I see a lot of guys by himself but it dosen't make him look like a loser.

What Guys Said 2

• I like this question, I always feel a little awkward by myself. Especially when it comes to eating!

• if he's at the p*rno store then yeah