He doesn't want me to get my belly button pierced?

So I recently decided that I want my belly button pierced, but my boyfriend disagrees. He says he doesn't want me getting one, he thinks it'll look hot, but he doesn't want me changing the way I am. I don't necessarily think that getting my belly button pierced will change the way I am, any reasons why he might not want me to get it?

Ps. He says that my I have a 'cute belly' so I don't need metal attached to it

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated a girl once who wanted to get a tattoo. I didn't really think she should because I liked her just the way she was. She ended up getting one anyway. I still liked her just the same. Some guys are just afraid of change but that doesn't mean we won't like it when it comes.

• So do you think he's not going to like it if I get my belly pierced? I was considering possibly getting another piercing for the time being. I already have my nose done, but I could get one somewhere else and save the belly for another time?

• He might not like it at first but I don't think it would be a problem in the long run. I think you may be over thinking this a little in regards to it being a jealousy thing. It certainly could be that he's worried more guys will hit on you if you have a belly button piercing but I see no reason to jump to that conclusion. I personally think he's just worrying too much about change.

What Guys Said 5

• Many men associate body piercings/body art with loose/slutty women. Although the two aren't actually linked in any way, many of us inexplicably make that association in our minds.

• I'm with your boyfriend.

• I think he might just not want you to show off your stomach, and having the appearance of a more promiscuous person. People with belly, nipple, genitalia piercings, tend to get associated with that crowd. Its not necessarily jealousy, but more along the lines of protection i guess.

Who is more easy to rape? the one with short shorts, a small tank-top, and a belly piercing, or someone who is wearing proper dress?
    chances are, if you're showing less skin, guys will be less sexual towards a person, and more platonic.

I thought that's what women wanted from other men while in a relationship. Non-sexualized fun?

• I think you should respect your boyfriend decision, if he doesn't want then don't do that, he likes you the way you are, so respect his feelings, I like to wear half sleeves shirts but my girlfriends wants me to wear full sleeves shirts, now I wear full sleeves shirts due to respect her feelings, I never thought it's my own life, I should wear whatever I like, because I am in relationship with her, and we love each other.

• He is not the boss of you.

• He says that if I want it, its my body and my decision so I can get it and he won't be upset, but he's not that happy that I want one, maybe is it because I'm 'attracting attention' to myself considering it's summer and I'm at the beach a lot in a bathing suit?

• LOL. I am most definitely not fat, I am 5'5 and weigh 126 pounds and have visible abs, so I'm positive he doesn't think I'm fat, but thanks :) lol

• I'm sure you look good :) I just wanted to exhaust all options for you so you're not left with any questions. You're probably super hot and he just doesn't want anymore attention drawn to you, so he's being controlling about it. Put your foot down and tell him you're getting it done :)

What Girls Said 2

• Do whatever would make you happy! If you want the piercing, go for it! I personally want one myself aha. He may have said that because he thinks your beautiful the way you are and je doesn't think you need jewelery to make you pretty (:

• maybe he just thinks your fine without it! your kinda lucky you havee a boyfriend that thinks your completly fine the way you are. but then again its your body, I say do whatever you want lol