What's with the makeup?

When a girl wears loads off make up, does she actually think it looks good? Is she attempting to pull? If you ask me, she'd be way more attractive without it, or not as much.

Most Helpful Girl

• When a girl wears make-up,she's called fake and said to be falsely advertising.

When a girl doesn't wear make-up,she is said to not take care of herself,her appearance or what she looks like.

Guys say they want "natural" and dislike make-up,but that is because they've clearly never seen a natural woman in real life.They see women in magazines and assume all women have clear,flawless skin.When in reality,most women suffer from at least one of the following:rosacea,acne,large pores,uneven skin tone,wrinkles,blemishes,blackheads,redness,oiliness,dryness,under eye circles,puffiness,stretch marks,cellulite etc.When these are exposed,the women are told to cover up and that they do not take care of themselves.Some women have multiple combinations of these.

They think all women are 100% tight,fit and toned.Spanx anyone?

They think all women have long,lush,full healthy hair.Extensions,weaves,tracks?Ever heard of that?Of course when a woman in a magazine wears such,you hear no complaints from men,but on this site,everything is just against women trying to feel good about themselves.

They don't realize,the women in reality do not compare to women in magazines that they drools over.

There was one girl on here who said that many of the guys on here are young and inexperienced,those are the ones claiming to like "natural" where as the older and more experienced guys do not say such things or judge women by their make-up or accessories.

ADD:Honestly I think it's ridiculous guys stare at chicks in Maxim,who wear TONS of make-up yet judge other girls who choose to do so

• For starters, I don't read any magazines. Also, I don't really mind makeup, just as long as they don't wear too much of it. Some makeup is OK, but too much is...well...too much! Infact, wearing too much makeup is probobly less atractive than all that stuff you seid women have.

• Mhmm,tell that to the rest of the world who stares at Maxim,Playboy,Cosmopolitan etc.They wear make-up and they look good.

What Girls Said 10

• Subtly is the key. I wear make up but I try to keep it natural looking. Why? I have acne scars and some sun damage. Since I am very fair skinned all of my imperfections show. Who the hell wants to see that on my face? I certainly don't thus my purpose for make up and boosting my self esteem.

• theres a fine line between to much and looking good, and then just not wearing enough. I wear makeup, but I see girls that wears to much and it kinda makes me wonder where they got the idea that it looks good. I feel the same way about chicks fake tanning their faces so their nose and above there mouth is like black. But personally, I think if you can do makeup and look good, then why not wear it?

• Girls wear a bunch of make up because guys will talk to them and pay more attention to them because they think they are sluty and easy to get into bed. See what guys do to girls, they make us feel un noticable so then we feel sad so we dress like whores for some attention.

• Well I hate slutty girls, and guys who like slutty girls are usualy the wrong kind of people. They don't love or care, they just want to have sex.

• There's two reasons for this. Either she's really self conscious and she doesn't think she looks pretty without a lot of makeup on, so she wears way too much. Kind of like anorexia. An anorexic girl looks at herself in the mirror and thinks she's fat but really she's very skinny. A girl with very low self esteem looks at every part of her body and face and only sees flaws. The other reason would be because she wants guys to think she's easy.

• It's interesting you ask this because just yesterday I flipped through a professional make-up artist's book..Top models like Irina Shenk (Christiano Ronaldo's current girlfriend) look much less attractive without make-up. It's a known fact that women just look better with make-up (if they use the good techniques that is) - so maybe the girls your hanging out with are still a bit young & just experiminting with make-up, that's why it looks like they've put on too much - because they haven't mastered the techniques yet ;)

• I see. But the I don't really hang around with much girls, most girls in my area are slags anyway, not just because of make up.

• They think it will make em prettier

• I sometimes go a little heavy on the eyes but I blame my mom for being a mac makeup freak lol but sometimes when I go out I like to do the eyes up its fun... an I would hope that guys wouldn't look at my eyemakeup an think "oh lets go talk to that slut she hase eyemakeup on I bet I can get her in bed" lol I don't wear makeup all the time though just sometimes ill do it up :)

• Yes, sadly, they think it looks perfect.

• She's attempting to putt the older look, so she can get into clubs and act like an underage slut.

Well, a lot of girls are doing it everywhere.

• well maybe she likes the makeup and that's why she puts it on

• Well I like cowboy hats but I don't wear one.

• You could if you wanted to. if someone likes the way something looks then there is a chance that they will wear it. why shouldn't they? people don't have to not wear something to please you.

• I guese so.

What Guys Said 1

• Ya, I know. It's retarded.