Should I dye my hair blond?

i am a brunette and I'm in between dying my hair platinum blond or like a honey blond. I have thick really wavy hair. I heard dying your hair damages it, but then I've heard that it doesn't. thanks for your answers!

Most Helpful Girl

• My opinion,is if you aren't a natural blonde,don't do it.It irks me to see "ethnic" women and even white women who are natural brunettes dye their hair blonde.It's always obvious when it's fake...natural blondes are born with the natural complexion and features.

And I am Hispanic/Black so haha,I'm not being racists or whatever.

It does damage.And it can be impossible or hard to turn your hair back if you decide you want to go back.

Again,I'm not looking for lectures,i'm not trying to offend.

What Guys Said 1

• Do it, but then again I have a thing for blondes.

What Girls Said 3

• It all depends on your skin tone and complexion. Dying your hair blond does more damage than any other color, especially platinum blond. It completely dries up your hair and it just doesn't feel or look the same. I used to have blond hair and my hair was so dead and damaged and it kind of makes your strands of hair "swell" so your hair ends up getting poofier. That's what my hairdresser told me at least and that's also based on my past experience, but it's ultimately up to you.

• Dying your hair blond, can leave it dry and damaged. You will need to condition and moisture your hair with every shampoo. I know as my friend dyed her hair blond and she has dry hair. Avoid dyes with ammonia in it, if at all possible. Try going for less harmful ones for your hair, such as vegetable dyes, which are kinder to your hair.

link

• it depends on your skin and eye colour if blond would fit you and yes dyeing always damages your hair and dyeing it blond is even more harmful than dyeing it darker!