What's wrong with tomboys?(guys)

I'm a tomboy I'll say it till the cows come home. And apparently I'm an emo kid too but that's a different story. I love sports I watch the games on tv I like actually playing them too. I like skirts but I'm a bit self conscience about wearing them because I'm a bit muscular around my calves and thighs. So I just wear jeans or capris a lot. I've got guy friends and I somehow get more all the time((i have female friends too just not as much)) but with all these guys, I have never had a dar, or asked out, or told someone likes me. Is bring a tomboy preventing that?

Most Helpful Guy

• you are positioning yourself as "One of the guys". I am sure they absolutly adore you but are really scared of insulting you and losing you as a freind. If you are athletic I am, sure you have an awesome shape that gets a lot of looks but no one will dare tell you. Guys don't mind being soft and cuddly with women (they feel it is alright to let guard down with a lady) but with tomboy's they don't dare letting that part show, cause.you are one of the boys and you will taunt them because you think it is the funniest thing you ever seen.

Cmon, you are one of the boys and your going to do what guys do the best.taunt thier freinds and pick on them mercilessly.lol. what's a freind for? you love em but your no going to let them get away with doing something you consider "something to make fun of"

I am sure you are a good person BUT The ironic thing is I bet the other ladies think you are sleeping around alot.

Just my 2cents. Hope you got something out of my ramblings.

What Guys Said 8

• being a tomboy is not a bad thing. I mean, you can be a tomboy but still have lady-like qualities. things that turn guys off,

a girl who spits,

a girl who burps,

a girl who says "imma take a crap, be right back'(I heard this hot girl say that and I totally lost every ounce of interest in her)

or anything that is not so lady-like. so, if you were doing those things, I think you should stop, and as for being sporty and wanting to play rough, there is nothing wrong with that.

lol maybe they will think if they asked you out, you would be very blunt and say hell no. so maybe they could be somewhat intimidated by a strong (not strong as in strength) girl.

• LOL I guarantee I don't do those things I find that mortifying

But that's not fair I'm not blunt :-/ LOL

• Actually, I spit ALL the time and I've never turned a guy off by it. And my best friend is a massive burper and I've heard some of the hottest guys say that it's hot that she burps like a man.

• Hey everyone got their turn ons.. that I do agree

• Guys don't like to date tomboys because well your like a guy, your cool to hang around and joke around with, but if you act to much like a guy, we are going to go no don't want to date her. Many guys want a girl who acts like a girl, which is why you aren't getting any dates. Girls like to do girly things like shop, put on make up, wear nice clothes, things like that. A tomboy doesn't do those things, she would rather hang out with the guys and do guy stuff. You maybe pretty but being a tomboy a guy goes yeah she's cute but na man she's a tomboy.

See if you put on make up, maybe wore a nice dress and wanted to look all girly then your guy friends at first will prob go what the hell are you doing you in a dress haha come on are you serious? But then they will see the girly side of you and go whoa hey she's kind of hot wow, and if you keep it up and start hanging out with more girls then more guys are going to notice you.

If you surround yourself with guys, it's like having five body guards around you at all times, no guy is going to approach you he's outnumbered even if he likes you, common sense kicks in hmm one against five if a fight broke out wonder whose going to win that one. It's not worth trying to get like five dudes approval to date you, cause let me tell you girls maybe bitchy when trying to date their friend, but there easy to convince but trying to convince five dudes oh man that's not going to happen.

• I'm a girly guy, I like to play with dolls, paint my toe nails and share my feelings but I also wear baggy clothes and lift weights. Why don't girls like me?

You see what I'm trying to parallel? Guys don't generally like tomboys because you have the essence of a guy which includes the farting and gross humor that comes along with males. If we wanted that, we'd just be gay.

You can be whomever you want but just remember that the reason we like you girls is for your feminine qualities that aren't associated with our scent.

Watch the football games but try cutting back on cussing like a sailor.

• Well I don't go that deep into tomboy but um I get it but I do have a girl side I'm only human, so what your telling me is I can't be myself... But I can't be fake its impossible. So its not much help

• I don't agree with that-guy, I am far from gay and I dated a tomgirl, she was captain of the lacrosse team, she wore a baseball hat backwards, liked going to the batting cages.. but had feminine qualities too, she was muscular too, and I found her being tomboyish sexy.. so, its up to the guy, but be yourself, you will find a guy who will love your qualities

• Nothing is wrong with them. I think its sexy. They have to have a little bit of a girlie side to them so that you can have those dress occasions, but I like a girl who will go camping and fishing. Tomboys can be your friend and your lover, and there is nothing more perfect and beautiful than that.

• Haha thank you, I really wish more guys had that view

• Man I love that answer I'm a tom boy 2 4life never had a boyfriend but guys do flirt with me and yea I run so sportz izza go! one day a guy will step up and ask us out

• It sounds like you are probably really intimidating to guys. Not only that, but a lot of your guy friends probably won't ask you out since you are friends! I would say just be who you are, because if you try to change to get a boyfriend, you won't be happy, and it will just cause problems. Stay true to yourself, and you will find someone who likes you for you. Also, your info says you are 16, and although it might feel like you should have a boyfriend and stuff by now, that's really not that old. I didn't have a girlfriend until I was 18!

• Nothing

• well its amost completely into 2 groups, guys tha like tomboys and guys that want a lady. personally I like tomboys as long as they take care of them selves and I a lot of guy including me like muscle in the legs, especially in the thigh

• Whats wrong is that a guy wants to feel like he's dating a girl. not another guy

• Its not like I look like a guy I just have thief common interest and just don't wear skirts

• Okay thank you :) you are fantastic :D

What Girls Said 5

• I'm a tomboy too, and I have a few other friends who are also tomboys, and while I've had problems in the dating world, but I do know some girls who haven't had problems finding boyfriends. I think it's all about the attitude you give off, the confidence in who you are that draws guys to you. I was 15 for my first date, but it never turned into a relationship, and by 21 I was in my first relationship. I found that flirting with guys was part of my problem, because I wasn't very good at it. Practice makes perfect, lol. Don't worry about it too much, it'll happen when it happens.

• I'm not a guy, but I know where you are coming from. I have always been a tomboy, but a cross between "one of the guys" and a "girly girl." I've always been into my hair and nails. But I also hung out at the gym alot. I used to have super musclur legs, and really tone tummy (I lost a lot of that when I had my baby), and I've always, loved Action and Horror movies, and I'm really not into Chick Flicks. I love hockey and NASCAR, and I watch porn. Not a burper or farter but I do spit a lot.

I have never really had much trouble with guys, but part of the thing is that I've always kind of been inside the guys mind so I know the angles to approach them I guess. And also, I never really went for guys in my circle of guy friends. And, I was often the one that was the approacher, so that helped guys that maybe thought I was unapproachable because I was "one of the guys."

• Yeah I know what you mean but I don't know how to be that brave I'm kinda shy only out going when I can be or with friends :-/

• im a tomboy, as you can tell lol but I love basketball. ill play pbasketball beore ill eat. its tough in hs because everybody is confused, girls guys, about what is right, what is cool, blah blah blah. I didn't date till COLLEGE! I talked to guys, but it never got to dating. what I found out in college is that you have to be sure about yourself, be confident and true to you. when guys see that, then they will approach you. you could switch it up allittle, but you don't have to do a 180. good luck, I feel ya!

• guys can be intimidated by girls who have a lot of guy friends and hang around guys a lot. seeing all that competition around can scare guys away.

on top of that I think guys are attracted to femininity and girlyness because it's different than themselves. they don't want to date a girl who is boyish.

your guy friends probably don't ask you out because they see you just as they see their other male friends. they wouldn't ask one of them out, now would they?

• Well I'm a tomboy, don't even LIKE skirts, don't wear makeup, dress like a boy.

I've had loads of guys who have liked me. So no, it's not that.