Is 'gothy' style a turn-off?

I dress in this sort of... composite style. I wear all black, band t-shirts, Tripp pants, and steel-toed boots. I have long hair, I'm kinda pale (but that's not really intentional, as some people believe), sometimes I wear make-up but not too often, and I'm not exactly sure what to call this. I've always preferred to be called a 'metal head' than a 'goth' person. But, I digress. Basically, my question is: Girls, is that a bad style to have when looking for a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly think it depends on the person...

It would obviously be a turn off for a preppy-preppy girl, but for someone who (like me!) dresses differently based on my mood, dyes her hair, pierces body parts, it wouldn't be.

I remember when I was addicted to band shirts, fish net and Tripp pants (basically Hot Topic) dying my hair black, etc... I freaked everyone, except for a couple of people, out.

So that may be what's going on with the girls around you. I remember this girl I met in 8th grade who told me she was scared of me, and she's the one who gave me the courage to go into Hot Topic.

• Wow. That's actually a bit ironic at the end there, isn't it? Lol.

• Oh definitely... I've always been the freak... because I weigh more than most people, and daze off into space, but I'd wanted to go to Hot Topic, and couldn't until I met her... then I went in and became obsessed.

it was just really funny because before we'd officially met, my friend had told her to sit at our table, but we didn't talk, because I didn't know her and am shy, and (as I found out later on) she was scared of me and my friend got lunch detention, then she introduced us the next day

• Yeaaah. School was always an interesting part of life.

What Girls Said 9

• i don't mind it but there will have to be occasions where he just dresses like t shirt and jeans. I'm laid back,

• Well, it's summer, so of course I'm not wearing all that stuff right now. LOL. I'm in jeans when I'm not in all that stuff.

• It depends on the girl. It would be a turn off for me but I'm sure some girls would find it attractive.

• ehh well I have a few friends that dress like that and stuff, but I'm not really into those kinda guys, like I don't think I'd date them..

• yea

• Some girls like that kind of thing. Personally, I do not.

• no, that's so hot

• yeah it is. but maybe not to girls who are also into goth

• yeah honestly I wuldnt go for a goth guy. .i did once because I new him well. .i guess I shouldn't judge :/

• yeah its ugly to me, I wouldn't date a goth guy

• Yeah, that's real helpful. You're the shallow type I wouldn't want anyway. :D

• Someone call the waambulance. look everyone is not going to appreciate your style, get over it. not everyone is going to be attracted to everyone

• Not even the point. You basically came on here and left a quick little insult just to gain points.

What Guys Said 2

• Im a guy and ill tell you, unless the girl has the same interest as you, then most girls won't find yours date material. I like to wear my share of "odd" clothing but on a date I try to dress more casual.

• Well of course on a date I'm not going to dress like that, unless we're going to a show or something.

• Well that's the question you asked

• Actually I said: 'When looking for a date' but I could see how it could have been misunderstood.

• The tripp pants,boots, and makeup will turn most girls away.

• Gee, that was helpful. -.-

• I get that a lot though. HAHAHA

• People need to learn how to fake nice. It's not hard.