Are highlights on men sexy?

I am a straight ( Though metrosexual) male who is wondering if girls think that highlights are cute/sexy on a guy or if it still falls into the stereotype of assuming a man with highlights is gay... or just flat out unattractive.

To give context I'm a natural sandy blond male just looking to add some lighter tones ( Not bleach) to make my hair more textured, I like the idea but I want to know what girls think about this whole style.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that if it looks natural then its okay.,

but if it is obvious like this link

I think that is unnattractive, for me men dying hair that doesn't look natural associates with emo/goth/scene culture , homosexual culture or it comes off as a guy who is too obsessed with himself

If you have a girlfriend, ask her what she thinks. her opinion should matter the most,

or ask your mates what they think

What Girls Said 9

• well the guy has to be in shape also that would probably be the main idea of sexy but sure high lights are great.

• I personally can't stand highlights on anyone- male or female. Here's your best bet: stick with your natural look. It's the hottest one, I'm sure!

=)

• I like highlights on guys as long as they look natural. You should just put lemon juice in your hair and go out in the sun lol

• read the tittle and instantly falshedback to the backstreet boys. lol. I don't htink so, unless their natural like from being in the sun alot.

• As long as it looks natural then highlights are fine!

Example:

Good... link

Bad... link

• If it is only a few highlights and they aren't too dramatic they are cute (and not gay). But if you go too dramatic with the color difference you can take on stereotype of being a jerkwad.

• I am not a fan of highlights on men. I would keep it natrual.

• i like highlights ^^

• It could work... add some browns too!

What Guys Said 1

• I think the whole highlights phase is dying out. I think people still do it out there, but it's not as prominent as it was back then. If you get some positive comments about it, I don't see why you shouldn't try.