He didn't tell me he has a kid, should I still give him a try or not?

I've known this guy from work for a month. We flirted and talked about different things - friends, family, work etc. He has showed interests and has asked me to go on a date. I was going to give it a try but then I just found out that he has a 6-year-old which he has NEVER EVER mentioned about.

My friend has warned me to be careful of that guy even before that hinting that that guy might be a player. Last week, that guy brought his son to work to pick up something. He had his son waited outside work and I wasn't supposed to be at work at that time usually, but I stayed late that day. I met that guy inside work and he looked a little uncomfortable. I didn't know what was wrong and we didn't talk much, until later on my friend asked me if I've seen that guy's son, I was like, "What?! His son?" in my heart, but still I walked out to the door to just look. I saw that guy with this kid. He was quite shocked when he saw me there and I could tell that he was uncomfortable, but I pretended like everything was fine and just said hi to his son and said he's cute and stuff. Other staff came out and each of them asked if the kid was his son. He answered yes but tried to look to the opposite direction from where I was. After a while, he brought his son together into work to pick up whatever he was there for, so I guess at first he just didn't want people to see his son? but then later on, so many people had seen him already, so there's nothing else that he had to hide I guess? Before he left, he asked me to call him but I didn't even really look at him; I just said bye to his son. And I didn't call him until now. I just feel disappointed at him for hiding that. He mentioned about his dad, his mom, his sister, his brother, even his aunt, but not his son? I just can't find a valid reason for myself to believe that he wasn't hiding that intentionally. And when you know that someone was hiding one thing, you automatically think, "how many more things is he hiding?" Should I still give him a try or should I just let him go?

Most Helpful Guy

• So the kid is bagage, makes him more unattractive, maybe that's why, same with single mothers, guys don't like dating them cause they have kids and all the obligations that come with them its a package deal...kids before partner...

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• give him a chance because it doesn`t mean he is a liar. I have got kid but I never mention people before the first date. I am proud to be mother but I don't want to involve my child in my dating life too soon. If he was hiding that, he wouldn`t bring his child there. You don`t need to worry too much.

• talk to him! he's obviously a hands on dad cos he had his son! its the ones that deny there kids you have to be careful of! I think he wants to keep his kid seprate from his relationship and who can blame him... wot if your not the one for him? his son will miss you and be confused by the break up! but then again the fact he plays a part in his sons life shows you that if you did have kids he wldnt let your kids suffer even if you did break up in the distant future!