How often (on average) should a girl shower?

Just wondering what everyone's different opinions on this are... I know different people sweat and accumulate body odor differently, so that's why it says on average.

wow...maybe I should move to a part of the world where you can't wash everyday... I shower 1ce or 2ce a week...I don't stink between that time when using deodorant...my skin is very soft w/o the use of lotion,&Im convinced that its because of that fact
did you know that apparently America is the ONLY country that is like obsessed with showering? Every other country (on average) shower every other day to every couple of days... maybe I'll move there.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG! I never knew that there're actually so many people out there who don't shower everyday. I live in the U.S. now, but I was from Asia. Ever since I was a kid, I was taught to have to shower everyday already. On some days I'd shower 2-3 times if it's hot or if I've exercised. I also wash my hair everyday to keep it clean. I know that some people say that washing your hair everyday hurts your hair, but it really also depends on how you are taking care of your hair. I've always got compliments on having nice hair, so I don't think washing my hair everyday is bad for me.

What Guys Said 5

• Every morning and wash her hair.

• Did you know that washing your hair (head) everyday can actually hurt it? it dries out the hair. as does showering everyday for the skin.

• once a day... everyone girl or guy should shower once a day.

• Once a day , & more if you get sweaty or stinky .

• Once a day.

• I understand the hair thing though. You don't have to wash it everyday.

• Yeh I do... its this mental thing... in order for me to have a shower, I have to wash my hair... I just do... no idea why... its mental and stupid, but I've tried not doing so, and I get fidgety...

• Haha Well that's fine. I'm sure it's not that bad for it.

• A clean vagina, is a happy vagina.

What Girls Said 5

• I shower every couple of days, usually 1-2 tmes a week. I judge it based on my hair mostly, and when I have to go somewhere and look nicer, otherwise there's really no point, I work with horses and outdoors a lot so I just end up geting dirty everyday and havn't felt the need to wash it off for my horses lol

• Yeah I work with horses 2-4 hours a day to. But I still shower every day, its healthier for you and your horses.

• Everyday too wash you're body. But, girls are generally not supposed to wash their hair everyday. Some girls need too or do if you have thinner hair because the grease goes through you're hair much quicker rather then if you have thicker hair.

• I think everyone should shower once a day. As for girls I'd say wash your hair 3 times a week since washing everyday is unnecessary.

• at least once or twice a day. I'm sorry but you probably smell funny and don't know it. if you have gotten so used to having slack hygiene its probably normal to you, but maybe others are too afraid to tell you that you stink. seriously no shade but I have met people who THOUGHT they could get by with showering a couple times a week but they really couldnt! even if you have dry skin, you can still put lotion on after you shower so there's really no excuse

i shower 1-3 times a day depending on my level of activity and the weather. I wash my hair once a week (im african american). you don't have to wash your hair everyday just because you shower everyday, you could wear a shower cap.

• Generally every day, though some people have dry skin and can't every day, but you at least need to wash your 'pits and stuff. I'd say the vast majority of people over, I don't know, 10 years old, shower daily...

• If that's what works for you, that's great. It's typical for people to shower every day, but if you can get by with once or twice a week, fine. Some people might be skeptical, but whatever.

• Haha, I think that's not necessarily true (your second update).

• Maybe, maybe not... we may never know...