Shaving arms

In middle school I was taunted the fact I had hair on my armpits. This gave me such low self esteem that I started to shave my arms. Now that I'm in high school I really wish I hadn't started because you can't stop. If you stop then they're darker than before and spikey. I NEED HELP. I don't want to shave my arm hair anymore. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be happy that you don't have to shave your back. Many guys have to do that, and the really wicked part is that you can't reach it yourself, you have to get a friend to help,... awkward.

I don't have that problem, (thank God), at least not at my age now, but there are people who do.

Be thankful you don't have to deal with that.

What Guys Said 1

• First of all, those kids shouldn't be making fun of you because that's ridiculous. Second, your hair will grow back to the way it was regardless of what you think it looks or feels like. If you don't want to shave it, just stop. It's that easy.

What Girls Said 7

• You can wax or get this device called a hair removal epilator. Epilators aren't that common in the U.S., but since I lived in Europe most of my life, it was introduced to me so thankfully I've never had to shave. It's painful at first, but trust me, it works and you'll only have to do it once or twice a week.

• You should wax your arms or use an epilator and then immediately use a hair growth inhibitor on them. Then at least you could go for weeks without worrying about it! And when you do have hair, use a bleach kit to make it less noticeable and it will soften it, making it less 'spikey' as you have said.

• Well first of all, it's just arm hair so don't worry so much. Now second I used to shave my arms in high school, and now I don't. My arm hair is just the same as it was before just grows in a bit longer. If you really are concerned then go talk to a doctor about it and they can give you advice that is probably more true to what you could get here.

• Move to Europe. Girls don't shave their armpits in many places over in Europe. Or Colorado. Otherwise, welcome to the club and get used to it.

• awwww. I know all too well what you mean. I started puberty when I was like 9. I felt like a freekin monster. And I also shaved my arms. But then I started noticing the hair getting darker so I stopped. You could definately try bleaching, but your best bet would be asking like a doctor. They usually have good advice. lol

• Yeah try waxing, or maybe bleaching? Waxing should also make the hairs grow back less thick eventually.

• You could wax them. It will last longer than if you shave. I think it lasts up to a week or two. It hurts though.