Why do girls usually make only brief eye contact with me?

I'm on a large college campus and girls, if any eye contact at all, will make only brief eye contact as we are walking by each other. Am I just not very attractive or do girls have more integrity than guys when checking out the opposite sex?

Also I notice they look at me from a distance and ignore me when we get close up. Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be a multitude of things. She could have been checking you out/deciding if you were attractive or not, thinking maybe she knew you from somewhere, or she could have just been letting her eyes wander.

But basically the moral of the story is don't think you're unattractive based on a few chicks not holding eye contact. Frankly its just awkward if someone catches you staring. Next time you're in that situation just smile at the girl, more positive responses should follow.

What Girls Said 2

• If I'm just walking along it seems kind of awkward to hold eye contact with some random person. Unless they are smiling and seem friendly, in which case I'll usually just smile back...but even then it could be considered rude to stare at people.

• maybe the girls look at you when your not looking. don't feel down.

What Guys Said 2

• They do it more discretely, but even with a brief eye contact, those girls are checking you out. It's the curse of human nature, curiousity.

• They don't want you to realize that they are obviously checking you out, so they do it when it's still acceptable to "just look at a random person to check him out what he seems like". They won't just stare you in the eye then fall onto their knees and praise you like a God (or ask you out for dinner). That just won't happen, you know. It's a bit more difficult than that. xD