Do you think a girl who dyes her hair is "fake"?

My hair is naturally blond, but I think it washes me out. I dye it a lighter shade of brown in the spring and summer and a darker shade in the fall and winter. Would you consider me "fake" for doing so?

Also, my hair is naturally curly, but sometimes I straighten it. Is that also fake?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if I will ever understand the whole hair dye thing. If you want to do it's your prerogative, but realize that some guys will see it as a sign of not being confident in who you are.

And why would you straighten your hair? Curly hair is sexy.

What Guys Said 4

• It's technically fake, but I really like different hair colors on girls. Why be like everyone else, why stay as you are if you think something else would suite you better.

I doubt any guy would complain.

• I don't think it makes you fake, if you like a different color then what you were born with go ahead and change it, I honestly don't know much girls who don't dye their hair. Also I love girls with curly hair, and no it doesn't make your fake for straighten it, just don't over do it because my little sister did and almost killed her hair

• Difference between being fake, and experiementing and trying new things, so long as you don't lie about it.

• yes, it's fake

What Girls Said 5

• No, it's not fake. What makes it fake is how you feel about it yourself. If it feels natural to you, then it's natural. If it feels fake to you, then it's fake.

You gotta be you and do what makes you happy.

• Naw I don't think that's its fake, it just trying something different, or knowing what complements your look. I dye my hair all the time because it is just a normal brown colour and I like a different colour. I have wavy hair and straighten it as well sometimes...its just different styles. Its like wearing heels that happen to make you taller, no one would accuse you of deciving people about your hight and thinking your fake. :)

• No.

Sometimes color change helps

• what? no you're just doing different things with your style. I can't see how that's fake, I would think that's boring to keep just one basic style and never change it. do what you want to do and stop worrying about if losers think you are fake. if someone actually thinks your a fake person for committing the great offense of experimenting with your looks then my goodness do you even want to please someone like that anyway?

• Why would it make you fake? In that line of questioning, doe wearing makeup make you fake?

Ugly girls say that to make themselves feel better because they have no idea what to do to make themselves more attractive